Announcement

After lots of thought. I mean thinking and rethinking.  I have finally decided to write a spin off of Unconditionally Yours.

Behind Your Smile

It's a story exclusively revolves around Aaron and Salina.

A major warning this is a dark story with lots of angst. There will be sensitive topics such as suicide, anxiety, mental abuse, emotional abuse, manipulation. Read at your own risk.

The first chapter is done. I will post it after I finish the first three chapters.

A little sneak a peak below️⬇️⬇️

Salina looked at the files again even though today is a weekend.

"I have check it and signed it" She handed the files to Tara her father's secretory. She is a middle aged woman who she knew for a long time.

"Mommy" She turned to the voice narrowing her eyes.

"Aaiden don't run" She said as she rushed forward. He pout.

"I was not running, I was walking faster" He said proudly. Salina raised her eyebrow getting down on her knee.

"Who taught you that? Smarty pants?" Salina softly pinched his cheek.

"Aunty" He said with a big smile. His big innocent black eyes stare right at her pinching her heart bitterly. Why does he have too like him? Black eyes and equally black hair. She sighed before patting his cheeks.

"I need to have a talk with that aunt of yours" She said chuckling pulling him up. He wrapped his arm around his mother.

"Let's go and have some lunch. Shall we?" She asked. He nod his head. She put him down as Aaiden jumped rushing in. She laughed at that.

"Why don't you have lunch with us?" She asked Tara who just shake her head.

"No, I need to get going. Have a great time both of you" Tara said with a smile.

"Okay, just send me the mail and make sure you check those materials again" She said. Tara who had a smile on her face.

"Yes madam" She walked away. Salina turned and walked inside the house. She crossed the hall and went straight to the kitchen freezing in her spot. Aaron was sitting there.

After what happened that day they stopped talking to each other until or unless it is required and she is very happy with the situation. Then what is he doing here? He should know that she will be home today. Her eyes turn to see Aaiden who was happily running towards his father. She feel sick to her stomach something is not right. She better find out before it's too late.

"Daddy" Aaron looked down only to find Aaiden clutching his pant.

"How was your day?" He asked pulling him up and making him seat beside his chair.

"Great, I spend time with Aunty"

"Good for you then" He said with a smile, patting his head. Aaron take a seat. Aaiden keep talking various animated stuff. Salina smiled at her son before taking the empty space beside him.

"Aaiden stop talking and eat" Salina said.

"But.. but I want to tell daddy" She sighed.

"Aaiden" Aaron's voice held a warning, she flinched while Aaden stopped speaking pouting his eyes flushed with tears.

"Complete you food then I will listen to what you have to say" He said though his voice was neither soft or soothing. Aaiden nod his head smiling bright at his father. Aaron could not help his smile.

Salina keep quite and ignored Aaron as they eat, she once in a while help Aaiden.

"He will be 4 in a week" Aaron said finishing his food. The cutlery item she was holding dropped as she looked at him. The sick feeling in her stomach return.

"Yes I will a big boy" Aaiden said proudly. She tightly holding the table. She thought no she wanted to think that he might have forgotten everything after sending her to jail but no. She glare at him as Aaron regarded her with a cool look.

"Yes" She said clearing her throat.

"He will be leaving the day after his birthday" Aaron said looking at Aaiden with a soft look.

"I need to talk to you" His eyes snapped to the woman, she was giving him with a death glare.

"I have already said what I wanted" He disregared her coolly.

"I will be waiting in my room" Aaron told Aaiden who smiled at him brightly. He stand up walking out. She grit her teeth a part of her just wanted to run after him and give him a piece of her mind but she did not want to fight infront of her son.

"Mommy?" Aaiden called her she snapped from her internal struggle. Forcing a smile which turned into a real one as soon as her eyes land on his face.

The day was peaceful except her inner turmoil. Aaron as usual keep his promised and spend time with Aaiden. She avoided them. She needs to pull herself together before anything and talk to Aaron. A dread fill her. She sighed.

"Mrs.Valentine" She turned to look at the maid with a glare but her eyes soften as she saw Aaiden sleeping in her arms. She walked upto her slowing taking him in her arm pressing a soft kiss on his forehead. She put him on the bed pulling the comforter over him.

Salina walked out Aaron was seating on the couch going through his file.

"I need to talk to you" He frowned looked up his black eyes look darker.

"I have a night shift, Salina. Let me be" He said standing up. She walked upto him standing right in front of him. He narrowed his eyes.

"I won't let you take my son"

***************

"Unconditionally Yours" will be going on with no changes at all.

Do share your thoughts and let me know.

Until next time.