Chapter:2

Unedited.....

******************

Austin dropped Marlyn at the hospital. She turned back looking at him. He waved his hand with a soft reassuraning smile and watched as Marlyn walked into the hospital.

He needs to talk to a lawyer about the whole situation.

After all he promised Meera that he would protect her daughter. He went straight to the nearest lawyer office. This is one of the best firm around here.

Jeremy was shocked seeing the same man from the wedding standing at the hallway. He was with Cassandra on the wedding.

Jeremy McGill is one of the best lawyer in the country. He knew that. At the wedding when he saw Jeremy he was not sure who he was and Why he looks so familia. Now he is sure. Jeremy is after all Cassandra's friend.

"Hello! How can I help you?" Jeremy asked politely greeted him waving at the reception.

"Mr.McGregor?" Austin narrowed his eyes. looked at him shocked.

"Glad you know me" Jeremy said with a business smile forwarding his hand for a handshake. Austin take his hand.

"Nice meeting you"

"How can I help you?" Jeremy asked again.

"I need to take about something. And someone else need to present too. But she is in the hospital. She won't be able to visit" Austin sighed waiting for a flat out rejection but that's not what he get.

"One hour. That's all I can give. Will it be enough?" Jeremy asked.

"More then enough" Austin said not sure why but all of this seems a bit absurd. Jeremy told the reception to call his secretary and tell him to handle the meeting he will be back soon.

"Why the special treatment?" He asked bitterly.

"Because you are special" Jeremy smirked. Austin give him a look that was clear his explanation did not impress him at all.

"I know you are doing this because of Cassandra" He said coldly. Jeremy smile dropped.

"Then why bother you ?" that was all before they both stopped. Somethings are better left before it hurt you. They walked out taking Austin's car. Austin fill him in about what they will discuss.

Meera seating on the bed while Marlyn just smiled and talked to her.

"I had to take special permission from the doctor. So we can visit" He said and walked off after a while Austin return with a written permission of one hour.

"Let's go" Jeremy stand up, he was sitting on the waiting chair.

"Meera?" Jeremy's eyes widen as soon  as he looked at her.

"Jeremy?" Meera looked at him with a soft smile her voice above a whisper. Jeremy gulped down forcing a smile. A part of him wanted to ask Why is she here but did not.

"Mary, Are you alright?" Jeremy asked her who silently nod her head. Her eyes land on him.

"I told her" Marlyn said. Austin just shake his head.

"It's better that she already know. What have you decided?" Austin asked Meera directly.

"Marlyn can give us privacy" Meera said.

"No" Austin narrowed his eyes annoyed.

"This is her life too she needs to know" His cold voice stopped them. No one said anything before Jeremy asked the most important question.