Chapter 61

Location: Diamond Star Publishing Company.

Time: 5:30PM.

Kate's Pov

7 missed calls from Jane... Jane dear, you truly are terrible when it comes to patience.

"Mrs. Connor, there's a Mrs. Connor here to see you" Says Stacy as she opened my door.

Stacy, she was the romance editor. She is quite handy.

"Thank you Stacy, please send her in" I say packing away some documents.

.....

"Ever heard of a thing called a phone?" Says Jane as she walked into my office.

"I told you 5:30 this morning" I say to her as she pouted.

"It is 5:30" She says giving me the evil eye.

"Patience is key" I say to her.

"You could've finished up earlier" She says.

"I can't have my work piling up, that would make me a bad editor. There's certain things I need to organise before I leave for my honeymoon" I say to her.

"I'm guessing you got an extension?" She said to me.

"Yes, we're free to roamed around until Friday. I have the week off" I say to her.

"Lovely now I have a serious matter to discuss with you Ms. Editor" Says Jane.

"Oh? What would that be Ms. Connor?" I ask.

"This girl downstairs, Clara was her name. I want her fired" She says as she sits down.

"And why do you want Clara fired Ms. Connor?" I say to her as I sit on my desk and fold my hands.

"She didn't know who I am..." She says as she sighs.

"That's not a legible reason to fire someone" I say to her as I laughed.

"Like how do you not know who Jane Connor is" She said pouting.

"This situation looks familiar" I say to her as I put my foot on her chair with the tip of my shoe laying close to her crotch.

"What does it remind you off Mrs. Connor?" Says Jane amused.

"The day I met you, I was sitting where you are and you were on the desk with your foot near my crotch. I spoke and you were not interested in what I was saying whatsoever. Now the tables have turned" I say smirking.

"Are you implying that you're uninterested in what I'm saying?" Says Jane with an amused look on her face.

"I'm saying your request has been denied Mrs. Connor" I say as I removed my feet from the chair.

"You're such a tease Kate" She said gulping.

"Let me put away these documents and then we'll head out" I say to her as I resumed my work.

"I'll be outside with Taylor but do take your time" She says sarcastically.

"Oh you know I will" I say as she leaves.

I finish up my work as I head downstairs to meet Jane, the staff stared and pointed as I departed to the elevator.. what's with this strain and intense atmosphere? It's like they're all judging me.. why do I feel like an outsider? Deep in thought the elevator door opened to the lobby as Josh awaited me.

"Josh" I say to him.

"Katy, are you ready for your honeymoon?" He says excitedly.

"Yes, I think so" I say to him.