Chapter 40

Kate's Pov

I speed off as I head to Jane's apartment. I'm not afraid. I can't afford to be! I pull up at the apartment and head to the elevator. I swipe the key to Jane's floor but it said "denied". Denied? What? What's going on? I swiped it again but I couldn't get it. Access Denied. How am I denied entry to Jane's room?

I hurry to the front desk as a guy awaited me.

"I can't get into the penthouse floor!" I say to him as he gave me a strange look.

"The penthouse suite is Ms. Connor's room" The boy says.

"I'm aware of that. Why can't I go in?" I ask.

"Due to security measures the suite was re-coded by Connor Enterprise. Do you have clearance?" Asks the boy.

"Who gave the order?" I asked confused.

"I'm afraid I can't give that information out ma'am" Says the boy.

"My name is Kate Williams. I should have clearance" I say to him.

"I'm afraid there's no Kate Williams registered in the exception list" Says the boy.

"Jane never gave that order!" I yell.

"You need to calm down ma'am" Says the boy.

"I am calm!" I say.

"Is everything okay?" Says a man who looked like security.

"This girl is either a fan of Ms. Connor or her stalker" Says the boy at the front desk.

"St... stalker" I said enraged.

"You'll have to come with me ma'am" Says the security guard as he grabbed my shoulder.

"What are you doing! Let go of me!" I yell. He then squeezed my arm which hurt like hell.

"You got some guts stalking Jane Connor kid" He said as he continued to pull me to the door.

"You're hurting me!" I yell.

"They're gonna do more than hurt you when you're hauled off to jail kid" Says the man.

I then got him to loosen his grip as I punched him right across the face. I threw so much force that it drew blood of my knuckles.

"You really shouldn't have done that kid" Says the guard as he pushed me and I fell on the floor.

"Please... I have to go to her" I said as I cried on the floor but the guard kept glaring at me.

"What the hell is going on here!" A voice yelled. I then notice Martinez coming to my aid.

"Looks like we found Jane's stalker" Says the guard.

"That's Ms. Connor to you.. someone like you have no right calling her by her first name" I say struggling to get up. He then again pushed me harder as I fell to the ground face first. And my nose started to bleed.

"Ma... Martinez..." I say coughing.

"Do you know who this girl is?" Asks the guard.

"Pl.. please" I say to Martinez as the guard looked at her.

"I'm afraid I've never seen this kid before in my life" Says Martinez as she walks towards the door.

"It.. was you that changed the security system wasn't it" I say to her.

"I'm just protecting my niece's future" She said as she smiled at me.

"You bastard" I say as a tear fell out my eye.