Chapter 55

Adelyn's Pov

I called Ricardo to my office and informed him about some plans I had.

"You wanted to see me, Ms. Knox?" Ricardo asked as he stood in front of my desk.

"Yes, I want you to cancel all meetings and appointments until further notice. Josh will handle the work in my absence. For the next few days, I will be unavailable" I say to him.

"Okay, ma'am" He replied before leaving. I sat there staring out of the window as my intercom buzzed.

"The call you have been waiting for is on line two, ma'am"

"Thank you" I answered as I let go of the button. I picked up the receiver and pressed the button for line two, connecting me to the person on the other end. I sat there as they spoke and never once said a word. When the other person quit talking, I informed the person of my decision.

I ended the call, placing the receiver before standing up and pulling on my suit coat. Leaving the office, I walked past my employees as I stepped onto the elevator.

Kate's Pov

I awoke and realized Adelyn was gone. I did my daily routine and made myself a cup of coffee. Yesterday was the best night of my life.. or maybe not? I had nothing better to do since I got fired. I needed to keep myself entertained so I decided to watch some movies.

Then I heard the door bell rang. I walked to the door and opened it. I watched as Adelyn walks in, she smiled and closed the door as she pushed me against the door and pulled me into a kiss. I put my hands on her arms as she moved her hands underneath me, lifting me and carrying me over to the table.

"Someone is horny" I whisper seductively between the kiss. She smirked as she sat me down while never breaking our kiss.

"I missed you" She whisper back and leaned me back as she moved from my lips down my neck, unbuttoning my blouse until I revealed my bra. Yanking it down, she took my breast into her mouth as she licked and sucked on the tips before moving next to the chest.

I felt her hands move to my waist of my knit pants, pulling them down. Then she pushed her fingers inside of me as I gasped while she thrust inside of me while standing up and holding one hand firmly on my waist while using her other hand to caress my breast.

She thrust deep inside of me over and over as I took every inch of her deep inside of me. She started picking up the pace. I lay there as she continued to have her way with me until I came on her fingers.

Once she finished, she pulled her fingers out of me. I sat up while still exposed as she looked at me.

"I want you to change. I'm taking you somewhere" She said while staring at me.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously.

"Out, that's all you need to know" She informed me and kissed my cheek.

"Are you going to surprise me?" I asked biting my lips.

"Something like that" She smirked.

"Well, I love surprises, I'll be right back" I said and kissed her lips.

Sliding off the table, I pulled my bra up along with my pants before walking into the bedroom and changing into something more casual. I pulled my hair into a ponytail as I emerged from the bedroom to find Adelyn waiting for me.

As I walked towards the door. She followed behind me as we made our way out of the house. Climbing into the car, Adelyn pulled away and took us to our destination.

I didn't bother to ask questions about the surprise, but I bet I'm going to love it.

Adelyn's Pov

We pulled up to a house on the beach. Once I parked the car, we emerged, and I walked towards it. Kate followed behind me as I walked to the front door and opened it. I stepped aside as she walked inside and I walked inside after her.

I watched as she looked around. Then she turned to me.

"Where are we?" She asks.

"My beach house" I answered as she looked at me surprised. I set the keys down and walked towards her.

"I don't come here often, just when I need some time alone" I said.

"Won't you get in trouble at work?" She asked and looked at me.

"No I'm the boss. I won't get in trouble also I talked to Josh and he said he will handle it" I said and smiled.

"I'm impressed" Says Kate.

"I took some time off of work to be with my girlfriend. Also I needed some privacy" I said.

"I see. So, you held me the prisoner in a secluded house away from everyone" She spoke with a smirk on her face.

"Yes, I want no one else to look at you or think about you. Only I get to see you and touch you. I want you for myself only" I told her.

"Possessive much Ms. Knox?" She said as she laughed and looked around. The truth was I wanted to keep her away from Jane because I knew she would try to get in touch with her. But I won't let it happen.

Kate's Pov

I checked out of the house. It was rustic and not what I picture Adelyn owning. She didn't seem like the type to hold a place like this. I stepped onto the back porch as I looked out onto the sand and water. It was peaceful. This view was worth it.

"Enjoying the view?" I heard her whisper in my ear, feeling her hot breath fanning my cheek.

"It's peaceful" I sighed as she moved around and leaned on the railing with her back.

"That's why I purchased it" She said to me. I turned around and leaned with my back against the railing.

"You are not bad when you aren't acting like a douchebag" I commented.

"Well I don't mix my personal and professional life, Ms. Williams" She remarked.

"So, tell me few things about you which I don't know. Your family? Your past relationships?"

"My family lives across the country. I don't get to see them that often. I moved here for work purposes and I live alone. About my ex.. it didn't end up well. She cheated on me" Adelyn answered truthfully.

I stood there, staring at her. Realizing how lonely she must feel. But not anymore.. I'll try to be there for her so the loneliness won't crept in.

"What about you?" She asked.

"When I was eighteen, I packed two bags and left my house because I just couldn't tolerate my step dad. It's not like I hate him, he makes my mom happy but I can't stand seeing someone taking my dad's place. Then I moved into a apartment with my best friend Candice. You didn't met her yet. But I can guarantee you that she's amazing. You'll love her " I answered.

"Hmm.. I see. Did you had any ex's before Jane?" I asked and looked at her curiously.

"Nope. She was the first person that I ever fall in love with. We met in a weird way and I didn't know what I was getting myself into but I guess it's over now and I'll get over it soon" I said looking down.

Talking about Jane, makes me miss her even more. Whatever happened between us doesn't change the fact that I truly loved her. I just can't get her out of my mind.

"Let me show you our bedroom" She said and I nodded.