Chapter 9

Kate's Pov

A week has past since then, it was now Graduation day. Jane hadn't contacted me since then, I've been able to find other things to keep myself occupied. Stefan and Candice found love in each other and they were now a thing. Stefan would usually tell me how miserable Jane was and it hurt me a little cause I felt responsible for that, it's such a shame it didn't work out but I guess it's all for the best? Or at least that's what I tell myself. I braced Graduation day cause my mom couldn't make it, I'd give anything for her to see me graduate.

"Are you ready to graduate?" Says Candice as we leave the apartment.

"Yeah, I wish my parents were here to see me graduate" I sulk.

"Well your dad is watching and Stefan will tape the whole thing so we'll show your mom" Says Candice as she tries to cheer me up.

Stefan picked us up and took us to the ceremony. We arrived at school but Candice went on ahead to prep for her big speech. I walked into school deep in thought still wishing my mom was here. I turn bumped into someone and fell straight onto the ground.

"You should be more careful" The voice says.

I then gave an embarrassed laugh as the girl extends her hand and I rise up. I then noticed the girl standing in front of me was Jane Connor. Her eyes then widened and so did mine. The hell was she doing here!??! Oh crap! She's the benefactor of school, I completely forgot she'll be giving a big speech today.

"Kate" She says.

"M.. Ms. Connor" I stutter then ran away as she called out but I kept running. I quickly find a seat. The principal then got on stage as the ceremony began.

"I'd like to thank all those who came today and a big congratulations for our graduating class" He says.

"The first speech will be given by the schools benefactor herself, Ms. Jane Connor" He continued.

Jane then hurried on stage as I look on. Her eyes lock mine as she stood there silent as everyone else looked at me.

"Ms. Connor" Says the principal.

"Right" She says as she takes her eyes of me.

"A big congratulations to the graduating class and the board has chosen the graduate that will gain a full scholarship this year, this individual's education will be paid by Connor Enterprises as a thank you for all the works he or she has made. The principal will inform me later on about the individual reviving this scholarship. We were able to raise 10 million dollars to feed the hungry. You have my sincerest thank you, I personally know what's it like to starve and I'd like to say thank you to all the students that helped make this possible, it took 9 months but we succeeded so I thank you from the bottom of my heart" Says Jane as she bows.

I stood there in shock as she retreated back and sat on stage next to Candice. Her speech next but I wasn't paying attention, she's gonna murder me later! I was still curious to know what she meant by "I personally know what it's like to starve" That's not the answer she gave me when I did the interview, back then she answered that question with no emotion whatsoever but when she gave that speech I could easily tell her heart was on her sleeve.

The principal then called our names to come forth and collect our certificates, Jane was handing them out. The principal then called my name as my heart started beating faster.

"Congratulations on graduating Kate" Says Jane with the warmest smile.

"Th.. Thank you Ms. Connor" I say stuttering as usual which made her blush.

The ceremony was coming to a close as Jane gave a final speech.

"I'm going to announce the graduate that earned a full scholarship to any school of his or her choosing, this graduate earned the highest marks in the district in all written and practical exams" Says Jane as the principal hands her a Certificate. Jane's eyes widened and then came a huge smile on her face.