The Librarians and the Sorceress' Power

The once beautiful field, which had once been filled with green grass and different varieties of flowers now was dirt. Steel poles had been set up in a pentagram, each the same distance away from each other, a duct tape X placed in the very center. Morgan Le Fay thrusted the Staff of Merlin, her father, into the ground where the 'X' was located.

After banishing her slaves from the scene, Morgan turned to Alex, who was struggling to free herself from the pole she was bound tightly to. Laughing to herself, Morgan untied Alex. Alex jumped up and put herself in a fighting stance.

"Let me go, and I swear to God I'll think twice before I kill you." Alex said defensively. Morgan chuckled, hitting a remote control. James appeared, tied to a stake surrounded by straw.

"You'll be the center, or your little boyfriend...will turn to dust and ash." Morgan explained, and Alex gulped. She looked James straight in the eye.

"Don't do it Alex! You're stronger than she is!" James yelled, but was soon gagged by Morgan, who used her magic. She let go, and his head dropped.

"Don't worry darling, he just passed out. He's not dead. Not yet. But he will be if you don't cooperate." Morgan said. Alex rushed over to the stake. With a snap of Morgan's fingers, the hay lit. Alex stopped dead and turned around. Morgan extinguished the flame.

"How do I know you won't kill him after this all ends?" Alex asked.

Morgan sighed. "You don't. But he will die if you don't do as I say." Alex stepped towards Morgan, and placed her hands in hers. "You made the wrong decision, little miss." The hay under James lit aflame. Alex tried to break free, to save him, but Morgan bonded her to her own arms, and Alex's feet to the ground. Alex was stuck, unable to save James.

Not exactly 24 Hours Earlier, But Close Enough:

"Hold still, just for one second." Cassandra said, brushing James's face. It was still dirty from all the ash from the night prior, even though the nurses had tried their best to make him look presentable. James kept move his hands, trying to sign something. "I don't understand sign language James. And I know, we are all trying to find that field where Morgan is planning to put her huge pentagram. But it's hard when we don't know the full story."

"Cassandra, its 3:00 am. He's my foster son. James needs his sleep. He can help in the search for Alex in the morning. We're all taking sleeping shifts...you haven't had one yet, go get some sleep. I can help with the search. And you too, young man." Ezekiel said, pointing to James.

Cassandra pulled James in front of her, pushing him lightly as he walked. "For your information Ezekiel, it's 2:42 am. Not exactly the witching hour...The witching hour!"

"The witching hour. That has to mean something. Witches are most powerful from 3:00 to 3:59 am." Kathrine said, popping out of nowhere, scaring the crap out of Cassandra, Ezekiel, and James as he slowly walked to the cots set up in the main room.

"Kathrine! You scared the shit out of Cassandra." Ezekiel said, trying to cover up the fact he was scared too. Kathrine laughed.

"I know you were scared Ezekiel. I just got back from my shift. I have to wake my mother and ask her if there is any special witch holidays coming up soon. It isn't just 3:00 am when we are most powerful then. I remember this one spell, and..." Kathrine began, but was cut off by the sound of someone clearing her throat. Kathrine stood up straight and closed her mouth.

"Goodnight Kathrine. See you in the morning. On your way to bed, wake Phoebe please, so she can assist me." Helene said, her walking stick in her hands. Kathrine quickly walked away.