The Librarians and the Tale of Two Lives

Cassandra and the Oracle begin having deja vu, with memories that occurred with the other inside their heads, so the librarians try to help In The Librarians and the Tale of Two Lives. Also, Jenkins tries to piece together the Mythothian Mystery, and the part contains a shocking and sad twist that will forever change a character in the story.

//////

August 28th, 2017

Jake,

The time has come to make your decision. Just think about everything that's happened. I don't know if I can hold on much longer...

//////

August 26th, 2017

"Well, we did it. Saved the world. And as usual, twice before Friday." Flynn said. The other librarians glared at him. "What?" Flynn said, sounding disappointed. The librarians exchanged a look between each other, and Flynn tried to get in on the look passed between them.

"We don't have to celebrate about this anymore. Its a fact. And you've done this ten years longer than the rest of us." Ezekiel said. A murmur of agreement went around the librarians.

"But guys..." Flynn said.

"But nothing Flynn. We all have things that we can't constantly celebrate for." Cassandra said. "Like me for example. The ticking time bomb in my brain. And if not that, my certain untimely doom of Jake's choosing." She said, her frustrations releasing.

"Or me. I have to make that choice, and I am no longer going to be a Father for the time being. And Emma is all emotional with this and something else too." Jake said.

The librarians turned to Ezekiel. "Huh. I got nothing."

"That doesn't surprise me." Eve said, and she put a hand on Flynn's shoulder. "Let's just be glad we made another treaty with the centaurs that will last like, a week if we're lucky." She said.

"Fine." Flynn pouted, and he walked towards his desk. "And since we're on schedule, we have about..." Flynn replied, looking at his watch. "Fifteen seconds before Cassandra's next lapse." He finished. "Fourteen, thirteen, twelve, so on."

"Great, we have them set on a timer now." Cassandra said, looking around. "Here we go again." She said, closing her eyes tightly.

"Let's get through this." Eve said, and Jake stood behind Cassandra, ready to catch her.

"Cassandra." The voice in Cassandra's head whispered. "Cassandra." She shook her head and fell backwards into Jake.

"Hey, only a little longer." He said, "Hold on." He squeezed her hands.

The air was thick and foggy. Cassandra threw her hands forward, trying to feel around. She walked on, calling for someone. "Jake!" She called.

"Cassandra." Jake callled back. She took a deep breath and followed the voice. "Let me save you."

"Jake!" She yelled again, feeling for him, but all she felt was cold. And fear. And she licked at her lips, tasting something rotten.

"It's too late. She's slipped through the curtain." Another familiar voice. Eve.

"Let me go." Jake fought, his voice strained. Someone was holding him back from her.

"You need to let go." Flynn said, and Cassandra couldnt see them anymore. "I wont let go." Jake said,

"I love her."

Cassandra gasped as she came back into consciousness. Her eyes closed and she faded into the black. The Librarians surrounded around her, looking at her limp body.