The Librarians and the Northern Lights

In The Librarians and the Northern Lights, The Librarians travel to see the Northern lights in the north, but when they don't appear, they suspect that magic may be involved. The Pendragon's are split due to their new responsibilities of the decision Alex made.

//////

Hanau, Germany (December 16, 1859)

Grimms' Fairy Tales, the book read.

Walking up to the book, a man picked it up, examining it one last time. "I'm sorry." He whispered, as if the book would speak back to him. Setting the book back down on the table, the man placed his hand on the front over.

A golden glimmer arose and the book split into two copies. Only splitting the book into two would have to do, the man didn't have much more time.

Here, at his birthplace, the man grabbed the shovel he had leaning up against the table. Digging a hole in the ground, the man only stopped when he thought it was deep enough. Once he was sure it would do, the man placed one of the books in the hole and recovered it, doing his best to make it look like he was never there, and that nothing looked peculiar.

Taking the other copy of the book, the man left his childhood home. Leaning up against one of the wood door frames, he whispered to the wood, just like it would whisper back to him.

"Goodbye old friend."

And after one last longing and loving look at the house, he took the extra torch from his lantern and lit it using the one that was already lit. Torching his old home, the man never looked back, just got in his carriage and drove away, like nothing was wrong.

He just looked at the book in his hands, worried that he hadn't hid the other one well enough, or that he wouldn't be able to hide this one properly. Because he knew only one thing for sure.

His brother was coming.

//////

Bahia Palace, in Marrakech, Morocco (Present Day: May 12th, 2017)

"How do we always end up in situations like this?" James paused. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I love how close we are to each other right now, I wouldn't mind if we were closer, but I kind of wish we weren't hanging upside down from the ceiling." He said, and Alex scoffed.

For the third time this month, Alex and James found themselves tied up and ready to be executed by the enemy. All they had learned in the past few months was to carry knives with them.

"It wasn't my fault this time." Alex said, glaring at him. "I can't reach my knife, it's in my back pocket. Can you reach it?" Alex asked. James giggled for a minute, only stopping when seeing Alex's face. Reaching around her back, he felt for the pocket, and then...

Pssh.

"Did that just open up in my pocket? Tell me it did not open." Alex said, and James frowned, his brow furrowing as he was carefully reaching for the knife.

"Got it!" James yelled, taking it out, and cutting several ropes around them.

"If you can see my underwear, I'm going to kill you James." Alex said. "We forgot that we're upside down, didn't we?" Alex said, as James was cutting the rope at the top, and soon, the couple was lying on the floor in a heap. Alex stood up, and pulled James up with her.

"We have to hurry."

"No shit Sherlock."

"Hey, I met Sherlock Holmes, I mean, I think he was my favorite fictional to meet, other that Harry Potter. It's sad you had to be sick when we had to send Harry Potter back into his book."