The Librarians and the Coronation Rose

Season 5, here we go!

In The Librarians and the Coronation Rose, Alex's training is completed and she is ready for her coronation when the coronation rose, a gift to all of the queens in their coronation, goes missing, and the librarians must find it before the new queen is crowned.

//////

Quartz Palace, Camelot (The Crown Room)

Tip-toeing to the bureau in the corner of the room, a shadowy figure of a man stepped forward. He made sure to move with haste and the gracefulness of a gazelle. Swift, the man opened the top drawer of the bureau, and looked at all of the crowns around him.

Diamonds, rubies, sapphires, emeralds, all of the world's jewels laid out before him. Encircled with gold and silver, and other precious metals. All of the crowns had a certain elegance to them.

But the man was only looking for one crown in particular.

The crown that the man was looking for had a small layer of dust atop it, as if not touched in centuries, never mind worn. The man admired its beauty for just a moment. He shone his flashlight on it carefully, glorifying the craftsmanship that had gone into the peace. For a moment, it wasn't just a crown; it held the power it once wielded, the authority it once held. And the man took that moment to appreciate its beauty in more than just its weight in gold.

"Are you sure we should be doing this?" He whispered, looking up at the ceiling, as if he were making a small prayer to God. He waited for a response, which came from his earpiece.

"Oh, we absolutely shouldn't be doing this. This is treason." The voice from his earpiece said. "But the path to hell is paved with good intentions." The girl's voice remained calm as she spoke, as if she were trying not to speak in any way other than normal.

"That is not making me any more comfortable." He paused. "Do you have the orb and the scepter? I would like to get out of here as soon as possible."

There was a bit of a shuffle, and the noise of something breaking, and the use of a curse word, but the voice returned in the man's ear. "I got them. We've to hurry, before the guards catch us. I'm afraid I just alerted them to our presence." She said.

"Well, let's get out of here then." He said, and a moment later, the woman was at his side, and they ran together, down the long hallway to the door. The woman handed the man the objects, and he pulled her close to him, kissing her. "Go back to bed now. I'll see you tomorrow." He said, and she nodded, pulling away from him, opening the door so he could leave.

And then she went to bed.

//////

The arising sun shone over Camelot with pretty lighting, giving it almost a sunset glow over one of a sunrise, shades of pink and orange creating a haze above the trees, combining almost like paint on Van Gogh's palette, swirls of color created by dots and dashes in the sky.

Ackerly Pendragon looked at the sky. It still looked like autumn in Camelot, but he knew the temperature and the light wouldn't stay. It was November, and winter wasn't that far away. And although the wind felt stronger, and the air had a strong nip to it, the first snow had yet to fall.

"Avons-nous fait la bonne décision?" A voice said, coming up to him. Ackerly turned, looking at his brother. Carlyle took a step forward, and both boy sat down. "Père pense qu'il est trop vieux pour gouverner, qu'il a fait cela pendant trop longtemps. Alexandria est jeune et naiive. Est-il juste que nous abdricate pour une petite fille à la règle?"

Ackerly looked at his brother, not believing the words that came from his mouth, wishing he hadn't heard them. "Do you really believe that Alexandria is just a naïve little girl?" He asked. Carlyle looked at the ground, as if not daring to face his brother.