The Librarians and the Fictional War

In the "season four" finale of The Librarians and the Search for Magic, the librarians aid Jacob Grimm in defeating his brother Wilhelm Grimm in a duel, and work on returning all of the fictional army to their books in The Librarians and the Fictional War.

//////

The forces inside his head spun around.

Jacob Grimm tossed in his bed, turning over onto his side. He sat up, turning on the light in the room that the librarians had provided him with, and he looked around. The pale-skinned, raven-haired girl lay asleep near the fireplace, the embers slowly beginning to die.

The girl would only stay with him, had refused to stay with anyone else, even Alexandria, who was more than glad to offer. But she had firmly decided that she would remain with Grimm.

It was as if the girl had remembered him from all those many years ago, but she couldn't quite place him; she'd been summoned here recently, according to the librarians, and just like the last time, she was quiet, and tried to take in everything she could.

It had been two days since Snow White had emerged from the pages of her book, two days since the last message had come from his brother. Brief, but effective, like he always had been.

I'm coming for you.

The librarians wanted to talk to Snow, and tell her everything that was going on, but Jacob had held them back. "Simple things first." He had said. "Teach her to tie shoes with laces before you teach her the history of the two men who loved her." He'd added.

Why was doing the right thing always the hardest thing to do.

"Can't sleep?" A small voice popped up from the back of the room.

"I'm sorry, was the light distracting you?" Grimm asked, pulling the covers off of his bed and tying his bathrobe around him, before going and sitting on the floor next to Snow.

"I wasn't sleeping anyways. It's hard to sleep when you have no idea where you are, and when people won't answer your questions." She paused, looking down towards her feet. "You all feel so familiar, like I know who you are but there's a fog between you and me. I feel like I know you." She said quietly, and Grimm wrapped his arms around her.

He had missed this feeling. There was a time when this was the only thing he looked forward to, but that was long gone. He'd given her up to give her a better life, even if it meant he couldn't love her anymore.

//////

"Mythothian, sir?" A measly fictional said; Wilhelm Grimm didn't bother to turn around. He didn't care who was behind them. "I'm certain that they are waiting for our next move. Your message wasn't exactly...descriptive." The fictional said.

"Well, if I was descriptive, wouldn't that have given away any intent of a sneak attack, Gremlin?" He said, and the fictional behind him gulped loudly. "I didn't think so." He said, pacing forward, to where he kept his copy of the book. He graced his hands against the cover, before placing it on the front of the book. "Liteturum fantasia." He muttered, and a golden mist spread around the book and himself.

He removed his hand, and the book opened to a page. He glance at it. The words on the page seemed to glimmer, and he looked around. The door was just right in front of him.

He set the book on the floor as the mist dissipated, and stepped into the book.

All around him, trees and bushes appeared before his own eyes. A stone castle was looming above him to the east, and stepping off of the grass, and onto the cobblestone road, Grimm headed towards the castle. The gate wasn't very far away, only 50 yards. There weren't any guards in the area, and he supposed it was because the old hag could take care of herself. The Queen, he meant. He slipped through the gates.