Chapter 2

** The Next Morning **

Hazel's POV

I opened my eyes and rolled over to my phone. I looked at the screen and saw that the time had said '7:00'.

I got up and went to wake up Diego. I walked into his room to see him sleep with his phone in his ear and a bag of cheetos on his chest. I shook him and told him to get ready for school.

I went back to my room to wash my face and take a quick shower. I took a 20 minute shower, and did my hygiene. After that, I went to my closet to find my clothes for the day. I went through my closet and grabbed my black and white snap back, a chain, a black v-neck, some army fatigue pants, and my black and white 11's. As you can see, I'm more of a tomboy, I hate dresses, cheer leading, bows, etc. I grabbed my wallet and keys and waited for my brother.

Diego came downstairs with the same exact thing as me, but he looked better because his hair is curly, he has braces, and he had studs in.

"Bro! We twinning. Let's take a picture."

" Ugh. But you ugly!" He fake pouted, and laughed.

" Jerk" I punched his arm, and took a picture with him.

We walked together to the bus stop.

When we got to school, I headed straight to my locker. I grabbed some gym shorts and my books and I ran straight to the gym. I love to get a few minutes of practice in before school starts.

As I was shooting the ball, someone tapped my shoulder. Me being me, I turned around and politely looked. I seen the most prettiest boy ever. He was a beautiful shade of brown, with perfect teeth, shoulder length dreads, and he had gorgeous gray eyes. He had on a few chains, and studs. His outfit was so cute. He had on a button down shirt, with trousers, and ... Jordan's? different. but cute. I wonder where he's going? Anyway ..

" Yes?" I said. My Puerto Rican accent coming all the way out.

" I see you can ball. I came here to ask you are you trying out for the team. And can you show me around? I'm new. " He said, his voice so deep and cute.

" Yeah, hopefully I make it. Basketball is my life. And sure." He said.

We're only in 8th grade. But we still have lots of classes. I checked his schedule and saw that he had some of my classes, meaning he was smart. Because I'm very smart. All honors classes.

We walked down the hall way into the class. When we got into the class. No one paid any attention to me as I entered, they all drooled over the new guy. Who I have yet to figure out's name. I didn't really care, because I'm used to it. The ugly girl, the dike. I sat back and paid attention the rest of the period.