Chapter 8

Hazel POV**

I was in my room, watching my favorite movie in the world, Love and Basketball, when I noticed I haven't ate in 2 days. I've been focused on basketball, grades, my mom and dad's situation, and designing my room with new pictures, I guess I forgot to eat. Oh well. I'll eat later. But I'm a ball player, I guess I have to eat, it's my source of protein. I go downstairs and I'm greeted by my adorable baby sister, Ariana. She's the lightest baby I know, and she has thick curly hair, and lots of it. She has two deep dimples, like me, except I have back dimples too. She also has hazel eyes, she should have gotten the name Hazel. I absolutely adore her, my parents told me I was this cute, but I don't believe it.

Anyway, I grab a cup of lemonade, a bowl, pineapples, a green apple, a red apple, green and purple grapes, half a slice of water melon, strawberries, and a spoon. I thoroughly rinse the bowl, and all the fruit inside. I soon go to work, chopping at all the foods, making a big fruit salad. Then, I grab a jar of peanut butter, laugh as you might, but it's actually really good, and also a great source of protein and calorie burning. I spread it all over my fruit, adding some in a smaller bowl for my little sister, and eating.

When I'm done, I hurry up and grab my ball, phone, headphones, and sneakers and rush out the door. I call Deigo's phone and tell him to meet me at the park. I

I get to the park in record time, and I quickly slide of my Nike slides, and put them into my Jordan's bag, then I put on my Legend Blues, and I my phone, hoodie, and headphones in my bag.

I look back and see Deigo approaching. I run up to him, and hug him, and kiss his cheek repeatedly, " I miss you brother!" I say laughing.

He pushes me off of him, and says, "Make me slap you!"

I laugh, and say " I did, I needed someone to hold my bag." I hand him my bag and run.

I look back at him and see him flick up the bird. I stick out my tongue and run to the court. I shoot, and surprisingly, I miss. I go to follow up, and someone snatches the ball.

My brother sucks his teeth in a disapproving way, and shake his head.

"Now why didn't you make that? That was an easy and open shot, it was basically a lay up! 30 push ups now!" He says.

Usually I would say something back, because I hate being bossed around, but he's right.

I dropped down and do 30 push ups with ease. I stand back up, and look at my brother, holding my hands out, gesturing him to hand me the ball.

He shakes his head. "No, I see your offense is floppy let's see about this little defense of yours." he says.

I smirk, he knows defense is my strength. I bend my knees low, hold my hands out, and spread my legs.

Next thing I know, I see 6 legs.😕I'm still trying to get the ball, but one person keeps tugging at my shorts, and grabbing me. I soon get annoyed, and I look up to see no one else but the new boy.

Here we go again..