Chapter 44

2 months later..*

Hazel POV*

Where do I start? Monica and her little crew got locked up. They're house had a warrant for I don't know what and we found our friends and family beaten almost to death. Needless to say, they won't be back ANY TIME soon. I laugh every time I think of it. Oh and what else? Jr is here with me.. His birthday is tomorrow, he just got home yesterday. My dad got him out.

I live with my dad, Diego, Deigo's girlfriend and my siblings now. Jr found out about his mom and he just isn't the same anymore. He takes care of his siblings and his dad is back in rehab. We release from school next week. Summer starts soon. I still can't get over the fact I missed basketball season, I work out every day and Jr just keeps yelling at me, saying I shouldn't be. These crutches will be gone a day before school is out so I'm cool.

But my mind keeps drifting to basketball. I missed a whole season, what if I don't get recruited senior year? I can't live without basketball, seriously.

I looked over and noticed Jr was tapping me.

"What you want ree?" I asked laughing, he hates when I call him that.

"Stop calling me that." He says grabbing me by my waist. "What we're you just thinking about?" He whispers, I can feel his breath on my neck.

"Basketball" I tell him. He pulls my body more against him and turns me around so I'm facing him. I feel like we do this often so I decide to switch it up a little. I get off of him and I see the look of confusion in his face. I laugh I sit cross cross in front of him.
,
He just sighs and laughs. "Anyway.." He goes on. "What did I tell you about that? When it's time for you to play again, you will.. Don't rush it."

He's right. I won't admit that though. I try to listen to him but I can't I find myself zoning out thinking of me playing WNBA basketball with crowds and fans cheering my name wearing my number. I can't help but to smile.

He looks over at me and just kisses my cheeks, exactly where my huge dimple is located. I look over at him. I notice what no one else does. I see the small little bags for,in under his eyes, which are actually kind of black. I notice his lips are darker. He hasn't been sleeping and he's been smoking a lot. I see he is just letting his dreads fall apart. The thing that shocks me the most is he's still brushing his teeth 3 or more times a day.

Tomorrow will definitely ease some of his stress. He's going to be 16, of course we're going all out.

He rubs his face and lies down next to me. He lays down shortly after rubbing my butt. I swear that boy is obsessed with my butt. He grabs my waist and pulls me closer to him. I allow him. I know he needs someone right now. And he doesn't want to talk so I won't pressure him. I lean up and give a quick peck to his lips. With his eyes closed, he grabs hold of my chin and kisses me. Passionately. Soon after he falls asleep.. And I find myself awake thinking, and thinking, and thinking. A couple times in his sleep he calls for his mom and I can't do anything but hold him. I decide I'll let him nap on me for an hour then I'll go pick up his brother and sister and bring them here. Play date, so the kids will be occupied and Jr. can finally sleep.