Chapter 42

Hazel POV*

I left out the house when I heard the news. Not because I wasn't mad though. I couldn't care any less about that situation. I shrugged my shoulders and headed to the courts. My happy place. I got there and tried to ball. It was hard, the fact that I wasn't even supposed to be on my feet didn't help anything either. I didn't care though. I can't go without basketball. I know people over exaggerate with the "ball is life" slogan, but basketball is really my life. It's all I know. All I think about is improving and getting better at it.

When I finally got my self to bend down I was in pain, I tried to ball and avoid the pain. It wasn't really working out. I kept trying until I basically felt my entire body shut down. I couldn't feel anything. No, I didn't cry. I grabbed the ball and tried to do push ups. I got to ten and it started to hurt even more. I shouldn't have been here but I can't help it. I looked up and saw Deigo walking getting out his car running to me. He slowed down and shook his head.

"Stubborn ass," He laughed and tried to pick me up.

I pushed him off of me, "I got it." I said trying to get myself up.

"Little girl Shutup." He said picking me up.

I punched him softly, he still winced in pain. Being over dramatic.

"I could have got up on my own!" I told him.

"Yeah yeah, Shutup." He said, still carrying me.

"It's crazy cause I think Mario is heavier than you." He said laughing. "How are you so big but you feel like a bird?" He said laughing.

"Yeah yeah, I got it from here." I said, trying to get down. He wouldn't let me.

He put me in the passengers side of the truck and drove off.

"I didn't need your help." I told him.

He ignored me.

I have a drop to make for JR in an hour.

As soon as I got home I showered, and Iced my legs.

When I was done getting dressed, I checked Deigo's room, of course he was sleep. I grabbed his keys and basically crawled down the steps and outside. I laughed. It was the only way I could walk. I couldn't stand unless I wanted to break myself some more. Which means this Drug Dealer is going to have to come to the truck for his product. I hopped in the truck and sped off there. I did what I had to do then headed to the trap. I got my stupid ass wheelchair and rolled myself where I needed to be. I out the money in the safe and made sure everything was straight. When I confirmed everything was good I headed home for another bath. I layer down on my bad in ball shorts and a sports bra. Damn, I almost forgot tomorrow was my birthday. And I have to start catching up on the work I missed if I want to pass next week. But how can I not? I'm the smartest person in my school, not being cocky.

I fell asleep after thinking about what to wear to school tomorrow.

JR POV*

I smirked after turning the IPad off that I had stored in this cell with me. I could see everything Hazel had did at the trap for me. Ole cripple ass. I ain't even know she would hold it down. I appreciate her for that. I looked around and nodded at the guard before getting back on the iPad, I had bought all of this stuff the other day to be sent to Hazel's house when she wakes up in the morning. I know she hates when people give her stuff. Stubborn ass. She does not accept anything from anymore, not that she isn't grateful, she's just way too independent and prideful. I smiled to myself after finishing the last line of the 50th letter I had wrote to her since I have been in here. I'm scared as hell to send them off. All I do is write her and think about that girl. I can't deny it, she got me. I don't what she does or how she does it but it's something about her. Over these 9 months I have really grown love for her. I don't know if I love her but I do have love for her. And I know for sure tomorrow is going to be so unexpected for her and her best birthday ever. I have cameras set in her room, too. They only are on for tomorrow though and she showers and gets dressed in her bathroom so everything is fine.