Chapter 25

Hazel POV*

I got to school, and looked at me with fear or spoke to me. Um okay? That's odd. I guess it's because it's Game day.

I walked to my locker and saw that I got a letter saying that I made the captain, and a picture of me pushing Monica's arm back. Who took this? I looked around and saw that everybody was looking at their phones laughing. I guess they about what happened.

Monica walked in with a cast, and her friends had bandages around their heads, everyone was pointing at them and laughing. They looked embarrassed, and angry. I didn't care, I never do. I just walked into class.

School ended up going by quickly. We left out of class 30 minutes early to warm up for our game. I had to lead my team through the stretches. People were watching us, and they gym was getting pack. I just focused on the stretches. After stretching we did lay ups, right and left hand. Then we did foul shots, while the big men stayed back trying to get rebounds.

I looked in the bleachers and saw Jr. He had on a gold chain with my number on it. Number 1. When did he get this? I just smiled.

The game was about to start, I drank some water and got back on the court. Coach told me the play and I nodded.

I made everyone huddle up and on 3 we screamed "Lions".

As soon as the whistle was blown our center tapped the ball to me. I grabbed it and dribbled, a girl was in my face I crossed her over, and passed it to Amy, our shooting guard. She passed it back to me, I faked like I was going right and went left, making a lay up. I looked over and saw her team taking a knee. I saw that she had broke her ankles. Somebody from the crowd screamed, "Damn Hazel broke her ankles." The gym had busted into laugher.

By 4 quarter we were up, 63-30. I had made 36 points. I was now at the foul shot line, I made my first and second shot. We had 30 seconds left in the game and the other team had the ball, me being the fastest person on the team, ran towards the girl with the ball. My defense was heavy and she looked scared, I knew this would happen. When she looked for a pass, I quickly stole the ball and shot from the half court line, I made a 3 right before the buzzer went off. The crowd went crazy, by the end of the game I had made 41 points and I had 9 assists.

After lining up to shake hands at the end of the game, coach talked to me and the rest of the team. Everyone went in the locker room to freshen up, but I don't like getting dressed in there, so I just wore my uniform home. I looked up in the stands and saw Ari, Mario, and Deigo. My dad wasn't here though. I brushed it off.

I was walking and I felt someone's hands cover my eyes.

"Go away Jr." I said laughing. 

"How'd you know it was me?" He asking smiling.

"I know you." I said.

"No you don't." He said, in denial.

"I know you twists your own dreads, and you brush your teeth at least 5 times a day. I know Jordan's are your favorite brand of sneakers. I know you got this one earring you wear everyday. I know you smoke. I know more than you think." I winked at him, and walked out.

I looked back and saw his jaw was dropped. I laughed.

I met up with my siblings, and we rode home together. I guess Dad let Deigo drive the car.

We got to the house. I didn't even bother to eat, I just wanted to shower and sleep.

After my shower, my Dad called me downstairs and said he had the results,

As I predicted nothing was wrong with any of us. But Mario and Ari are Rosa's kids. I didn't care, they're still my FULL brothers and sisters. Those results don't mean anything.

I grabbed a bag of Doritos and headed upstairs. I hummed along with Dej loaf. I got bored with humming and I silently sang to myself. I sing great, I just don't let anyone hear. I write songs too.

I was listening to music until I got a phone call from Jr.

We ended up talking all night about random stuff, I fell asleep on him in the middle of our conversation.

Oh well...