Chapter 18

Hazel POV**

Once we got to the court, we stretched. After stretching, We ran a couple laps and a few suicides. My brother did more than me to build up his stamena. I really needed to work on my shot and my dribbling. I pulled my hair into a ponytail.

We practiced all night and played a couple games. I won some and we tied some and I lost once.

*The next day*

I got ready for school. I threw my hair in a messy bun, and I took a shower.

I put on my Black shirt that says 'dope' in white, my red joggers and my white, red, and black Retro 10s. I threw on my ice and a watch, then I took my hair out the ponytail and put two braids in it. I noticed my hair was growing because my braids are coming down my back. Damn.
Time for a cut.

I got everyone up. I made Deigo cook breakfast, while I straightened up a little. My mom was sleep and I still havent heard a thing from my dad.

I walked my sister and brother to school. Then, me and Deigo walked to school together.

I got to school and walked straight to my locker. I got what was needed and headed to class. When I got there, I saw JR.

We talked for a little then the bell rung. I started working and 27 minutes into class, the phone rang. I continued working while everyone whispered.

"Hazel?" I heard my teacher call my name.

I looked up..

"Wassup?" I ask politely. Im not rude thats how I answer everyone. She knows it.

"You were called to the main office." I went along with it, even though I didnt know why I was being called down.

"OOOOH!!!" I heard people mumble as if I were about to get a beating or something.

Jr looked at me.

"You leaving homie?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Text me!" He called out before I left.

I shot him a quick text in the hall way and headed to the office. Once I got there I saw my dad and...the girl he was on facetime with.

She was very pretty in person. And tall. About a half inch taller than my mom. She looked exactly like Gabbrielle Union. All of my siblings were here too.

"Wassup?" I asked my dad.

"We have to talk.." He sighed.

"I'll be at the car." I told him walking away.

He came out a few minutes later, she smiled and nodded at him gestering him to talk. She held his hand while he sighed.

"Look, I dont know how to explain this to you guys but i'm going to just say it. Rosa, may or may not be your mother." He said pointing to the facetime woman, who I now know is Rosa.

Deigo looked confused. Rose does sort of look like Ari and Deigo...

"I'm not finished, both me and Rosa have full blown aids and to make sure you guys dont have it we are taking all of you to the clinic."

Deigo looked angry and hurt. I hate seeing him like this. So I faced foward, keeping my guard up. Deigo's jaw started to clench and he kept making fists and blinking repeatedly. I knew he was about to cry or punch something. I know my brother has a soft side for me. Thats my homie.

I scooted closer to him..

"Deigo?" I asked, in my normal small voice.

He looked up and shook his head and smiled. Just like me, prideful. He doesnt want to show me he's hurt. Too late.

I looked up.

"Okay then! Why we still here? Lets go!" I said smiling before he pulled off.