chapter 25

2019 - fifteen

it was the day of handover and the whole club was seated inside the room, entertained by the activities that had been planned for them. 

introducing the new committee and presidents, the emcee said, "and finally we have seungyoon taking over park minji as the new president of apgujeong radio club." everyone clapped as the presidents took a picture together and let minji begin her speech. 

"good afternoon teachers, juniors and batchmates, it has been a year since we, the 57th batch, took over and this whole journey has had its up and downs. 
despite this, representing the 57th batch, i would like to thank the teachers for guiding us and helping us along the way. the juniors, who followed and believed in us. i really hope that everyone of you would continue to have this passion for radio club. to my batchmates, it definitely was not an easy journey since 2017 and there were many obstacles we had to overcome. we went through competitions, camps and practice sessions together. through all this, we helped each other and grew together. i may not have been the best leader, but thank you for being with me when i was still finding my leadership style and struggling. we have done well for the past year, for the past three years. and lastly, to doyoung, my faithful vice president, who has always supported me and been on my side throughout the numerous late nights to plan sessions and scripts.
and for the last time, i am park minji, president of apgujeong radio club, thank you." she ended her speech trying to withhold back the tears she had. 

as the session was coming to an end, all the juniors started giving their gifts to the seniors and minji went to her bag and took the gift she had prepared for her vice president. placing the wrapped gift behind her, she walked to doyoung, "hey uhm, i know that speech couldn't have expressed how thankful i was to have you being by my side these 3 years, and i know i'm really not the best person in doing so, so i written everything into a card. and this is a little something from me." she placed the wrapped gift and letter in his hands. 

feeling the heavy gift, doyoung felt as if he knew what she had given him, for he had given her the same gift. "thank you. this is for you as well," he gave her the present he had prepared. he quickly waved for hyeyeon and asked her to help the two of them to take a picture. 

as he wrapped his arm around minji waist and smiled, hyeyeon shook her head, "not like that, that's too boring." the boy then bent down and gestured for the president to hop onto his back. she complied with him and wrapped her arms tightly around his neck. it was in one of the shots that the boy could be seen giving her a peck on the cheeks. 

the photographer was appeased with the chemistry seen in the picture and took a couple more shots before all 3 of them were called by their batchmate for a mass phototaking session. 

it was not long before the session had ended and the vice-president, no scratch that, ex-vice-president was bringing minji home. 

"you know, i can go home myself right. you don't have to keep doing this," minji told him.

"just let me be." in fact, doyoung wanted to try to do everything minji did for him last time to court her. 

"are you sad?"

"hmm?"

minji raised her eyebrow, "i mean about this whole handover. we've been dedicating a majority of our time to radio club that leaving it seem surreal."