chapter 26

sixteen - 2020

doyoung and yedam were walking into their new school, apgujeong high school and saw familiar faces from middle school. 

seeing doyoung look around, yedam shook his head, "she won't be coming anytime soon. she said she's helping someone get their way around here first."

"why'd she tell you that but not me," doyoung pouted. 

"because i wasn't the idiot she didn't talk to during the holidays?"

the younger sighed, "i don't even know what i did for her to be like this."

"precisely, you did nothing that's why she's not making the effort to be with you either. ah and also, she found someone new," yedam teased doyoung.

"someone new?? before school even started?" the latter widened his eyes. 

"you'll know later. you know him too." the fox-eyed then walked further in front. this made doyoung quickly chase after him, "i don't want to know anymore." 

looking at the class allocation board, yedam said, "you sure do, he's in the same class as you." 

doyoung then looked at the class allocation, "this is unfair... why do you and minji constantly end up in the same class and i'm just far away from the both of you."

"you're the one who wanted to take science stream, we didn't force you," yedam started walking towards his new class. 

"i mean, i can't write essays even if i had the best tutor, best resources or even memorised them. how would you expect me to go into art stream?" doyoung lamented. 

the older chuckled, "i'm just kidding. but that being said, i've been in the same class as minji for 4 years already." 

"lucky bastards."

"hey, stop being mad. let's go grab a toast for breakfast."

doyoung sighed, "so who is the guy?"

"someone really handsome and is minji's type," yedam said as they began walking towards the cafeteria.

furrowing his brows, doyoung stated, "but i'm minji's type."

the fox-eyed then pretended to puke, "so confident?"

the former nodded his head and chose the ham and cheese toast for himself and took another egg mayo toast for minji. 

"i don't like egg mayo," yedam said.

"this isn't for you."

yedam took a shredded chicken toast and paid for it, "you're a terrible friend." 

when leaving the cafeteria, they heard a familiar voice, "ah, and this is the cafeteria. do you want to have breakfast first before we continue looking around the school?" the two then quickly went to minji's sight and doyoung was curious as to who she was with. 

"doyoung?" haruto asked. 

he then widened his eyes, "hello! haruto, right?". the taller then nodded his head, "i'm in the same class as you."

"oh, so this is who you were talking about," doyoung said a little too loud. simultaneously, minji was at a loss of words still trying to process how good doyoung had looked in the new uniform. looking good in uniform was really a whole new level, and minji was in love with it. 

"me?" haruto pointed at himself. 

"ah, yedam was telling me that someone i knew was in my class this year." he then subconsciously took minji's bag from her, which did not go unnoticed by haruto.