chapter 3

2016 - thirteen

since that day, minji tried to put her focus into everything, just to stop thinking about hyunsuk and avoiding him by all means. even if he texted her, she would leave him unread for a few hours, unlike the previous times where replies were instant. 

and if he asked why it took her so long to reply, the excuse would always be the same:
she was busy with council work.

minah was just at the side, and she always felt so bad for minji. why did she decide to like someone at this age, when it's going to be so hard for her? but it wasn't like one could control their feelings.

yet, whenever she saw minji struggling so hard to distract herself, her heart could not help but to ache. the way minji kept focusing on her council work, writing up proposals and scripts, study non-stop, all these could make her stay up till 2am in the morning. but minah also knew minji wouldn't sleep at 2am, because there would always be a period of time she kept thinking of hyunsuk even when she was dead tired.

-

it was another fine day in the club and our dear president, kim junkyu, was making an important announcement, "i'm not sure if many of you has realised, but the year is soon ending. this also means that our batch would be stepping down soon. and before we end the year, and say goodbye to this club, we have our final project that everyone always looked forward to."

minji and yedam could only stare in confusion, 'what final project?'

"you two zombies who only know about council, it is the school exchange between the radio clubs in our area. kyunggi boys middle school, chungdam middle school and our school will all have a overnight camp. and kyunggi boys seriously have a different level of handsome, and international students go there as well!" minah explained excitedly. 

yedam could only rub his temples, "wah, another camp?"

"i know right, i'm so tired from planning all these school events already... seems like winter break won't even be a break," minji then opened my phone calender. every single day was already highlighted with colours, except for christmas period. furthermore, she did not really want to go for this exchange programme because of hyunsuk. then maybe, she could use council as an excuse to not go for this camp. 

and that was what she thought. 

"are y'all excited for it?" junkyu asked and received a chorus of 'yes' as his response.

he then continued, "the camp will be held over christmas eve and because of that, our gift exchange will be slightly different. this year, instead of knowing who your recipient is, everyone will prepare a gift for the different gender, and will give it on the day itself."

when everyone was thinking about what gift to prepare, minji mind could only think about how great it was that she now no longer had anymore free time. and she could not even use council as an excuse, because it did not clash at all.

haejin then raised her hand, "but isn't kyunggi all boys? then there will be lesser boys than girls already."

"that came up in the discussion too, but no one said that you couldn't give a guy a female gift."