chapter 1

2016 - thirteen

they all sat in a circle as junkyu, their senior, asked them to introduce ourselves one by one. it was the first day in clubs, and minji was in radio club. there were only a few she recognised, considering how they were only in this school for only 2 weeks. 

"hello! i'm minji, from 16e03. i like watching dramas in my free time!" she smiled and waved to the rest.

"hi, i'm chaerin. my class is 16e08 and my hobbies are badminton and tennis," the girl seated beside her said.

yedam, who was also in the same class as minji was there too, "hello everyone, i am yedam from 16e03 and i have an interest in producing." 

slowly as everyone introduced themselves, a boy opened the door and bowed, "sorry, i'm late." 

"it's okay! come join us in the circle and introduce yourself," junkyu gestured for everyone to make the circle bigger.

"uhm, i'm doyoung. hello." he said and sat down beside yedam.

doyoung furrowed his eyebrows as he said to yedam, "this is all your fault."

"you were the one who lost the bet," he then got hit in the head by his bestfriend. 

that was the first time minji had met doyoung and her first impression of him wasn't exactly the best. 

the next few months passed as normally. a new trio was formed as minji, yedam and minah would always be found together. they were in the same class and club, growing closer as time passed. 

however, in their club, yedam chose to stick beside his childhood bestfriend, with minah following behind him. that left minji all alone when doyoung, yedam, minah and chaerin were together.

because minji didn't like doyoung.

ok, she did not think that he was a bad person, and yedam praises him as if he was the heaven all the time. but she just did not vibe with him. 

-

"oh, you go home by bus too?" doyoung waved as he walked towards the bus stop where minji was. it was one of the days where they finished their club activities and were on their way home. 

minji looked around and pointed at herself.

"yes, i'm talking to you," doyoung then said. 

she simply nodded and pointed at the bus arriving, "yea, my bus has arrived. byebye!" she then waved at him.

when she boarded the bus, doyoung followed behind her, "i take 198 too, why do i never see you?"

truth to be told, 198 was not the fastest bus for her to reach home, minji just wanted to avoid doyoung as soon as possible. 

"different timetable i guess?" she simply replied and found a seat on the bus. she wanted to end this conversation as soon as possible so she could continue listening to her music.

he took the seat beside her and asked, "you're yedam's friend right?"

"yea..."

"why are you not with him during the club?" 

minji just thought, 'stupid, cause you're there...'

"hmm?" doyoung asked again when he did not receive any reply.