chapter 9

2016 - thirteen

"hello everyone, im hyejin, one of your leaders," a very pretty female introduced herself. 

everyone got into their groups and started the introduction and soon they were familiar with each other and opened up quickly. the day passed quickly and it was lunchtime. 

still seated in our circle, minji dreadfully took the black bento box and could already feel the dry, lumpy rice going down her throat. shaking her head at the thought of that, she felt someone sitting next to her. 

"minji, i didn't expect that you'll join radio too!" jeongwoo smiled. a rather tall male, who has been following jeongwoo everywhere he goes, sat beside him. 

"i didn't expect myself to end up here too," minji replied, not knowing what to say next. 

"ah, he's my best friend, haruto," the tanned male introduced his friend. haruto bowed and waved to minji. when doyoung sat on the other side of minji, jeongwoo stood up and sat beside doyoung.

"he's still a social butterfly as i remembered," minji chuckled. 

with a raised brow, haruto asked, "the both of you knew each other?"

"we were in the same class in middle school," minji said while picking out her vegetables and putting it on doyoung's rice.

"you don't eat vegetables?" 

"yea, they are so bitter, i don't understand why people eat veg," she started to eat some of her dumplings.

"you're not going to eat the rice?" 

minji shook her head, "i will, but not alot. brown rice in bento is really terrible..."

"do you want to give it to me then?"

"sure, but haruto," minji started to scoop some of her rice.

"hmm?" he placed his bento nearer to her, so it would be easier for her to transfer the rice over.

"do you realise you've only been asking questions?" 

"o-oh," haruto suddenly realised, making the both of them laugh. 

as doyoung was talking to jeongwoo, he looked over at minji's bento and realised that she was not actually eating much, he then placed some of his dumplings onto her rice. 

"are the both of you dating?" jeongwoo asked. 

"huh?" both doyoung and minji was startled by the question. 

"of course not," doyoung replied, "we're just friends." 

hearing that, haruto's interest in minji grew. it was clear that the japanese was interested in her and he gathered the courage to open his instagram and asked her, "could i get your instagram?"

"sure," minji smiled and typed in her username. afterwards, she opened her own phone and requested to follow his account. 

"have you thought about who you will give your christmas present to?"

"i have someone in mind, what 'bout you?"

haruto chuckled, "i was going to give jeongwoo, but i guess i don't have to give a male anymore."

"huh?" 

"nevermind," he smiled.

jeongwoo was listening to their conversation and caught the hint haruto was trying to throw to minji, only the latter was too dense to understand.