CRAP! WE ARE ENGAGED !!

Next morning Annika wakes up to her alarm blarring and changes into some track pants. She is ready to meet Shivaay and further discuss there plan. While leaving the house her bhabhi Jeevika sees her and asks where she is going so early in the morning. Annika hugs her and says " Arey bhabhi I will get up early from now onwards and will go for jogging, afterall its good for health."

Jeevika is shocked will be an understatement. She looks at annika skeptically but does not comment further when Annika rushes to the door.

At the park Shivaay is waiting for Annika. When she arrives he asks her why she is 15 minutes late and annika rolling her eyes tell him this is the earliest she has ever woken so he should be thankful and not judgemental. Nodding his head and muttering to himself about her laziness they find a bench in the park to sit on.

S:" So the party will start at 8pm. It is a surprise party and will only include family, but since I promised dadi that she will meet you today you are coming."

A:" Alright Shivaay. I will be ready by 7:30. You can come by then?"

S:" Yeah that's fine. Also I would like to tell you that since I told my family that I will propose to you today so maybe get prepared for that."

Annika's eyes bulges as she totally forgot that she won't not only be have to pretend to be his girlfriend but also his fiancé. Slapping her forehead with her hand she nods at Shivaay. Shivaay is amused at this girls antics and laughs a loud laugh.

A:" Well Mister laugh all you want but you could have to atleast given me a warning before saying that. Imagine my expressions if all this happened in front of your family. Gods how are we gonna pull this off!"

Shivaay seeing her stress over it stops laughing and holds her hand. Turning towards her he says" Will you relax it will be okay, Annika. We will make this work." Seeing that his words are not helping he sees the swing and asks Annika to follow him.

When they near the Swing he makes Annika sit on it and pushes the swing. Soon the stress lines from Annika's forehead disappears and a laughing giggling Annika asks Shivaay to push the swing faster.

After a while they are relaxing while sitting at the grass when Shivaay drops another bomb.

S:" Hey will you tell me your ring size and choose some designs from them." He tells Annika while forwarding his phone to her to show her some designs he has asked the jeweller to send.

Annika takes the phone with shaking hand and tells Shivaay her ring finger size. Looking at all the extravagant pictures her eyes are bright. Shivaay notices her admiring one very beautiful princess cut diamond ring but she keeps on seeing more pics. Finally she decides on an elegant looking ring. Shivaay looks at it and scrunches his eyes.

S:" Annika this is very simple, you should choose some other ring."

A:" No Shivaay I like this one, it's simple and comfortable. I don't want you spending on unnecessary things."

Grumbling to himself he reluctantly agrees and they part ways.

At home Annika is fidgeting with her fingers when jeevika asks her what's the matter and why she is so nervous. Now in a dilemma whether to tell the truth to her bhabhi or keep this charade at home also , she decides that it's better not to get her family involved unless it's absolutely required. Telling Jeevika that she is going at Priyanka's father's birthday party and not sure if she will fit in she avoids the topic.

After checking herself in the mirror for nth time Annika thinks she looks quite presentable. As Shivaay promised he had delivered a beautiful gown for her and she was looking quite radiant in it (if she is being honest with herself). Telling Jeevika that she will be late and not to worry she leaves her home after seeing Shivaay's car at front gate.

Seeing Annika walking in the beautiful dress Shivaay thinks he had choosen the correct girl as she is looking extremely gorgeous in the gown he had personally selected from Mallika's latest collection. He gets out of the car and hugs her and tells her that she is looking perfect.

Annika seeing Shivaay's smile thinks that maybe now they atleast look the part of a couple who are so in love that they will get engaged after only 2 months of dating. After reaching Oberoi Mansion and getting out of the car her nerves are back. Seeing her nervously holding the helm of her gown Shivaay comes to her side and offers his arm. When they link their arm together he gives her a radiant smile and kisses her forehead and assures her that everything will go smoothly.

When they enter OM dadi welcomes them and comes to hug annika. She tells her billu ki "eh toh vadi soni hai." (she's very pretty) to which shivaay blushes and says "Afterall she is my choice dadi, She is obviously the best."

Hearing such warm welcome annika relaxes a bit, when Shivaay's mom Jhanvi aunty comes and they are introduced she sees that aunty actually likes her. She becomes comfortable chatting with them and relaxes. After a while Shivaay asks his mother if he could get his girlfriend back .

By now Annika has got a system going, she is going to think that Shivaay was her celebrity crush which has come true. She is conversing with Shivaay and aunty when she hears a squeal. Priyanka comes running towards her and hugs her and then bombards her with questions of how she met her bhaiya and how can she not tell her and all. Annika with a bit contemplation tells her everything that shivaay and her had planned. Satisfied by the answers Priyanka let's her be.

After conversing with Priyanka now it's getting easier for her to tell this lie to everybody else. OmRu are teasing her and Shivaay when they hear Tej's car. Everyone hides in corner and Shivaay pulls her behind a pillar. Her heartbeats start beating faster being in so close proximity to him. He hasn't even realised that he is holding her waist and is busy in looking towards the front door.

When Tej finally enters Annika is able to breathe normally and everyone shouts surprise. After cutting cake Shivaay introduces her to Tej uncle who also develops an instant liking towards her. The rest of the evening passes in the flow, when after dinner Annika asks Shivaay that why is Rudra looking at her so mischieviously. Shivaay who is sitting with his hand on Annika's seat tells Rudra to stop staring at her and whispers in her ear that they are waiting for him to propose. Annika gulps and nods her head, and then Priyanka comes towards them and asks Annika to sit with her.

Annika goes with pri and gives a look to Shivaay. Pri and Annika are talking when Shivaay comes towards them and dadi asks Priyanka to come and give them some privacy.

Annika looks at Shivaay and he says that now he is going to propose. She frowns and asks what she should do, to which Shivaay asks her to maybe get excited with shock and then be happy. She sees from her peripheral vision that everyone is looking at them.

Shivaay gets on one knee and opens the ring box. Annika's eyes bulges in shock at seeing the ring that she was admiring previously. He had brought that ring instead of the simple one.

S:" Annika you have made me fall in love with all your silly tactics, Will you marry me?"

Annika sees the curious look in his eyes and says loudly "yes".

They hear cheering outside and Shivaay places the ring on her finger and gets up and lifts her from the waist and twirls with her in his arms. He sees her smiling face and kisses her forhead once then her left cheek then her right cheek, that's when they hear a throat clearing. Annika blushes at seeing Jhanvi and hides her face in Shivaay's chest. Jhanvi gives both of them a Champagne glass and asks them to follow her.

In the hall they are congratulated by everyone and after celebrating Shivaay tells his family that he will drop annika back. At the front door of her house Shivaay tells her that he would see her tomorrow and drops her.

Entering her room Annika freezes and thinking about the entire evening just sits at the door. Keeping her hand at her heart she mutters All Is Well Annika (All is well) . After calming she gets ready for bed when she receives a message from Shivaay.

S: "Today was great Anni, don't stress . sleep well and goodnight."

Annika replies a goodnight to him and sleeps an uneasy sleep.

Author's Note : Well this was all the updates you could expect from me in this week. If the story gets a good feedback, I will continue it. Thank you for making till here. All my readers are great and any constructive criticism is welcome. This chapter is 1500 words so yay!! maybe more such chapters in the future.