SEALED WITH A KISS

Rudra rolled his eyes at all of Om's grousing, yanking the other's tie a bit tighter than necessary. "Give it up, O. No amount of whining will get you out of going to this party. I've been planning this cocktail party for years and just do it for Shivaay bhaiya. I am not taking No for an answer, you're damn well going with me."

Om sighed heavily and turned around to look in the mirror, loosening his tie and trying to shoot Rudra a glare but catching him doing the same instead. "You're just making me go so you can just tease me with Gauri, don't lie."

Rudra shrugged and grinned unapologetically. "Alright, I won't."

Om gave him a faux-pout. "But, Rudy-"

"What are you guys discussing?" Shivaay enters the room while adjusting his bow-tie and raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing, Shivaay. Just giving Rudy a warning to behave and not make a total fool of himself while getting drunk, that's it." Om replied.

"You don't have to warn me..." Rudra said poutingly.

Shivaay laughed and shoved the other man away. "Yeah, okay, Rudy boy. Get dressed."

Mallika whistled when the three of them stepped out of the elevator arm-in-arm. "Damn, you guys clean up good."

Shivaay laughed and Rudra threw the woman an exaggerated wink. "Not looking so bad yourself, designer."

Mallika chuckled, smoothing the skirt of her well fitted cocktail dress. "Yeah, well I heard the dress code was black tie and Sid said I couldn't wear my business suits."

There was a snort from Gauri on the couch. "How dare he."

"That's what I'm saying, girl! Everyone at that party is missing out on a fuckin' treat." Mallika replied seriously.

"I vote we hold a fancy dress party, character required for all joining." Rudra deadpanned.

Omkara's eyes sparkled with glee behind his glares. "You would love it."

Shivaay snickered at the thought of them in a fancy dress. "I'm game."

"Someone mark the date."

Rudra pulled out his phone and began typing away furiously. "October sixteenth. Tell everyone. Have PR make an announcement. We're having a fancy dress party."

Just as Shivaay was thinking of the ridicules of their conversation, the elevator pinged once more and out came Annika and Bhavya. He forgot to breathe, she looked magnificent in her black and grey gown, with her hair up in a beautiful messy bun and one stray curl landing on her soft creamy cheeks. He stopped himself from touching that damn curl, unsettled by his heightened awareness of her beauty and his all too ready amusement at her irrationality. He spent most of the walk cursing his damn luck for not bringing her sooner in his life.

"Shall we?" Shivaay offers Annika his arm.

"Mmmm." Annika laces her arm through his and allows him to lead her away.

" Annika laces her arm through his and allows him to lead her away