SOUND OF LOVE

Walking the halls of the Oberoi Udaivillas for the second time still felt like dreaming to Annika. This time, though, the corridors were alive with their guests: gossiping, rushing into the suites; walking out of them slowly, excited for the function. It was no secret that the perfection achieved here was payed for by long hours of planning and subsequent execution. She found the hall she was looking for without difficulty. She knocked and, hearing a rushed "come in," entered, glad to see a friendly, familiar face.

"Yes, and tell the backup dancers I need to see their rehearsals one last time before the performance...." Shiamak Davar was talking on the phone and offering her a warm smile, motioned for her to sit. "Listen will call you back. Hey Annika, it's good to see your smiling face again. Congratulations on your wedding. Are you excited for your performance?"

Excited? She was barely containing herself from jumping with joy and squealing.

A: "Of course, I am! Thank you, I am so glad that you manage to do this for us!"

"Very glad to do it for you, very glad! You were one of my favourite employees of Shubh Mangalam. Well, I will come straight to the point, then. All of you will be given a nice routine, but the main focus will be the bride and groom performance, so where's your groom?" he raised his eyebrows at her.

"Shivaay....Well Shivaay will be here shortly and the rest of our group is also coming," she said.

"Alright why don't we discuss what I have planned for all until they come." He added in a serious tone.

Annika gave him a grateful smile. "Thank you, Sir."

He waved his hands at her in horror: "Oh, by the God, do not call me 'Sir!' It sounds so important, I will be tempted to look around to see whom you're addressing! Ah, you're laughing, very good." His phone rang. "Unless you have any questions?.."

A: "No, Mr. Davar, thank you!"

"Call me Shiamak, please, or I might think my father's here and call for my bodyguard!" he laughed, picking up his phone, winking in her direction.

Shivaay entered his office then, looking cool and calm like he was MSD (captain cool) himself. Annika was listening to the song selected by Shiamak and did not pay him any mind. Her heart jumped in her chest when she felt a presence behind her. She knew it was him. She felt strong hands on her sides as though she and Shivaay were performing a dance routine and he was about to roll her around. But they were not dancing, and she felt a few strands of his hair brush her shoulder as his lips touched her neck, sending sparks of electricity down her bloodstream to her very core. Her heart disappeared from her body, as though his lips had sucked it out through her skin. Suddenly, he turned her, bringing her body flat against his. She was mesmerized, watching his blue eyes. She had never seen eyes so radiant. He leaned toward her, but a moment before his lips would have touched hers, she heard him whisper with distaste: "Why can't I get you alone, ever Jaan."

Annika jolted awake from his hypnotizing gaze and moved away from his tempting arms to look at Shiamak who was still busy on his phone. Trying to hide her flaming cheeks she gulped a few sips of water and elbowed Shivaay in the stomach when he tried snatching the water canister from her.

When Shiamak has introduced himself to Shivaay the rest of their lazy group had also decided to grace them with their presence. Everyone was quiet: the laughter and banter that ordinarily followed their group wherever they went seemed to have abandoned them. They all wanted to do their best to beat the other group. The bets were placed and competition was ON as Rudy, Om, Pri and Mallika- Siddharth all got into the Groomside while Gauri, Bhavya, Sahil and Viren-Jeevika were to support Bride's side.