REAP HAPPINESS IN PAIN

His phone rings at 7:16 am and given that he hasn't had his coffee yet, the conversation isn't bound to go well. As soon as he answers, groggy with sleep, his caller starts speaking.

"Bhaiya why aren't you awake yet we have already left for Mumbai, and look at you, you are still sleeping," Rudra is apparently above introductions and pleasantries this early in the morning.

"I don't see why I need to wake early," Shivaay scowls at the coffee machine that is taking it's goddamn time to function, "Apparently you are the one who is returning back so I am glad that nobody has to bang your doors to wake you up." Just as he says that Annika throws a pillow at him and scowls "Will you Shutup Mr. Early bird! Some people do like to sleep till reasonable time, go in the hall."

Rudra laughs at hearing that and says "You don't waste any time do you? Brother of mine, just give you an opportunity and low and behold Mr. Naughty Singh Oberoi shows his real face."

" Shutup Rudra, that's none of your business," he mutters after pouring his coffee in a cup and moving to the hall, so as to not disturb his sleeping sherni.

"By the way we had left Goa sharp at 6:30 am so get up and get freshed as we will be at the airport in about 45 minutes and maybe wake bhabhi up as well if you guys want to meet us up at the airport" Rudra informed Shivaay.

S: "Okay, We were planning to give you guys a surprise so don't go babbling onto others that Annika is also coming to meet you all at the airport."

R: "Will do......oh god this terrible weather..... uh..... he... llo.... bhaiya......storm.... static..... turbulance.... later."

Shivaay listens to the beep as the call gets disconnected and looks outside the window and sees that there is a Storm rising in the seas, that's Mumbai for you always unpredictable in terms of weather. He gets worried that Rudra wasn't able to complete the call and they are all coming through air, although the pilots are good this storm makes flying and landing difficult. He calls the airport to know about the status of flights and the authorities inform him that due to the storm they have cancelled all flights for the day, only emergency landing is allowed.

He opens the window and sees that the sky is murky, the winds were howling, the clouds are pouring rain and there is a chill in the air. He is bothered with the thoughts of his family who are all travelling in a single flight and prays to God that they make a safe landing. As he is troubled by these unsavoury thoughts he feels two delicate hands wrapping a warm body around his shoulder and a sweet kiss pressed to his cheek.

"Rainy morning it is Jaan, Was that OmRu or Pri you were talking to?" Annika asks him but falters at seeing his troublesome face "What happened?"

"I was talking to Rudy and they all are on the flight. They left Goa at 6:30 am sharp and the call got disconnected due to turbulence Anni. This worries me, my whole world is in that flight and there's a storm brewing I just hope they are all fine." He replied distraughtly.

Annika tightens her hold on his shoulder and gives him a back hug saying "Don't be stupid Shiv, why are you thinking such unpleasant thoughts. Nothing and I mean it nothing is going to happen to our family. We haven't done any bad deeds so why will God punish us like this. Have some faith and let's get ready so that we can pick them up from airport."

Looking at Annika's optimistic face some of the worrylines from Shivaay's forehead decreases and they both return to their specific rooms to get ready.

It's 8:45 am now and Shivika are waiting in the airport's waiting lounge for any news about their family. Annika is looking at the clock every few minutes while Shivaay is furiously roaming back and forth in the lounge, busy in calling anyone who might give them some news and barking orders at others. She hasn't ever seen him so serious and so distressed ever and that worries her even more.