COVERED IN YELLOVE

Darling, it's very strange —

I seem to have swallowed some sunlight.

You may think me deranged,

And, perhaps, you are right.

I was walking down the street,

When I thought I had seen you;

I smiled at my feet

And to meet you I flew.

When to greet you I opened my mouth,

One of sun's rays I've swallowed.

How else can I explain the joy uncouth

I felt when I saw that you smiled?

The better part of the morning for Annika was spent in having breakfast with her cousins and friends who have come to attend the celebrations. There were all kinds of delicacies present but Annika wasn't in the mood to gobble anything up, she just had some fresh juice with a piece of sandwich, nerves about the functions were getting to her. Gauri and Jeevika tried to feed her more, with Mallika commenting that she could use some fat added to her skin, while Annika just glared at them. But all her tensions vanished when Mallika revealed her beautiful yellow floral lehenga for the haldi ceremony. It was very girly and stylish just like Shivaay liked her to look.

Their wedding festivities kickstarted with an auspicious Haldi ceremony. It is a ritual holy bath also known as pithi ceremony, which is one of the pre-wedding ceremonies in India. A mix of turmeric (haldi), sandalwood powder, mustard oil, yogurt and rose water are applied to both the bride and groom by guests before the wedding. The mixture is believed to bless the couple. It is known to have properties that leave the skin fair and glowing. The haldi due to it's yellow color is considered auspicious and also signifies protection.

Bhavya helped Annika with her hairs by putting beautiful yellow flowers in her long dark hairs, while Gauri helped Annika put on other accessories and Mallika helped her with her outfit. She refused to anyone doing her makeup commenting that she is a model and can handle normal makeup on her own. All in all she looked very breathtaking with her long traditional dress and simple makeup.

When Priyanka entered her room to inform her that they were all ready for the function and to bring Annika to the garden where the ceremony was to take place she halted in her steps "Wow Annika, I always knew you were beautiful but today you are looking just radiant. I am sure my bhaiya will not be able to take his eyes of you for even a second," she said teasingly.

 I am sure my bhaiya will not be able to take his eyes of you for even a second," she said teasingly