Kekkondere

Modern AU

Definition- Kekkondere characters decide immediately when they meet a person that they're the ultimate person for them, and they immediately start planning their marriage even if the other does not agree with this at first. It's also possible that some kekkonderes are obsessed with the idea of marriage or that they want to be with someone no matter what, knowing that they will spend the rest of their life with that special someone and without being alone forever.

"Ne Shikamaru how does it look?" Naruto called out to his future husband who looked up from the stream of angry text messages from his friends and family to the beautiful blonde male decked out in a shimmering white wedding dress. 

"You look, beautiful darling, so beautiful." 

Naruto grinned and turned back to the employee who was helping him. 

Shikamaru knew what he was doing was insane but he honestly didn't find himself caring at this point. He's already been through a divorce and that's when he did it the traditional route. Date your high school sweetheart, loved her to death and she ripped his heart out in the first year of marriage shortly after college and divorced by the second. 

He loved Temari but she didn't love him anymore and he accepted it. They parted ways and he was lonely and he met another lonely soul. An eccentric lonely soul who was crazy enough to propose to him only a few minutes after they met. It's been two weeks and they were planning the wedding. He was hesitant at first but what did he have to lose?

He met Naruto in a coffee house, they sat across from each other since it was really crowded. 

***2 Weeks Ago***

Shikamaru continuously swiped the concerned messages off the screen. They had finalized the divorce that morning and Temari Nara was now Temari Subaku once again. They shook hands at the end of it like they were mere strangers. Temari said she wanted to be friends and he scowled at her and walked away and here he was for the last two hours. He was slowly getting annoyed with the constant stream of texts, couldn't they leave him alone, he didn't want to be reminded of his loneliness from his best friends and their high school sweethearts texting. 

His eyes blurred and he had the sudden urge to smash his phone when a dainty hand came into view catching his tears in their palm. He had always been a silent crier. He looked up to see a golden-haired male with azure eyes and a feminine frame that was clothed in female clothing. It was an ethereal sight and he realized he cried in the beautiful stranger's palm. "Tears don't suit such a handsome person like yourself." 

"W-What?" Shikamaru blubbered as the stranger gave a slight smile and cupped his cheeks. 

"You're such a beauty, who would hurt a beautiful soul like yourself?" It was said in this lazily-like voice that made Shikamaru relax in the other's touch. "I would never hurt you, you deserve so much more." 

"Who the hell are you?" Shikamaru finally asked as he found a way to stop crying. 

"Naruto Uzumaki, just a wandering soul really. Well searching for someone," He said as he took his hands away from Shikamaru to sip on his tall drink of coffee. 

"Shikamaru Nara, I'm sorry for crying I just had a bad morning," He confessed as he looked over at his abandoned drink. 

"No need to apologize, I cried the same when my college sweetheart ripped my heart out. I thought we would marry each other to stave away the loneliness. Instead, he ended marrying my ex-best friend." 

Shikamaru chuckled. "Small world, just finalized my divorce this morning with my high school sweetheart. She tore me to pieces, now I'm just wondering what I did wrong. I just want to be alone and I don't want to see my friends and their high school sweethearts blowing up my phone." 

"I understand but at least you have someone checking in with you. If I jumped off that corporate building today, no one would claim my corpse. I'm alone in this world, I thought my ex would be my forever companion but I guess not," Naruto gave him a solemn look as he slowly reached over for Shikamaru's hand and intertwined their fingers on the table. Shikamaru squeezed them and looked at Naruto confused. 

"How about we get married?" 

Shikamaru's world inverted for a moment and he looked at Naruto perplexed. The blonde smiled at him patiently as he processed it. "Wha-" 

"We're both lonely now in the world, nobody cares how we feel about things. Think about your friends, they're only spamming so their guilty selves don't feel so horrible for not checking in every minute. We're a bit fucked up from the people who claimed to love us but I have no problem in signing myself over to you."

"You're crazy aren't you?" Shikamaru asked as he started tearing up again. Naruto smiled and leaned forward to console him. 

"I know, but I love weddings and I love the idea of having someone by your side through everything you'll ever face. Isn't that the point of marriage? You'll never feel alone with me because I know that pain better than anyone else. It's strange you're the third person I've done this to-." 

He got cut off by Shikamaru laughing heartily at that, Naruto chuckled as well but soon he calmed down when Shikamaru squeezed his hand to get back his attention. "Give me some time." 

Naruto shook his head. "Yes, or No, will you marry me? Regardless of your answer, I'm already planning the wedding in my head. I won't let you get away Shikamaru."

It was sealed with those words. Shikamaru had never felt so claimed by a person. 

****End****

Naruto came back out with the chosen wedding dress grinning brightly as he bounded over to his fiance. "Shikamaru I chose the last dress I tried on. Also, I picked out your tux since you find it so troublesome. Don't worry it's a match to my dress and the blue roses we ordered." 

As Naruto babbled Shikamaru stood up and took his future wife out of the shop and into the black Mustang where they headed out for lunch. He felt Naruto placed his hand in his and squeezed it to show that he was still listening to the little nag he got as a future wife. Oddly enough in the last two weeks, he's smiled so much more than the year he spent with Temari. 

"Shikamaru you're going to miss the turn-off," Naruto said in a small scolding voice. Shikamaru tuned back in and made the necessary turn-off. "So have you thought about it? Inviting your parents I mean or your friends?" 

"I don't want them there," Bluntly stated by the Nara who looked over to see Naruto's unsurprised facial expression. "They're still telling me to call it off but I don't want you. Plus they're saying such horrid things about you and I don't want to ruin our special day." 

"They haven't even seen me yet much less to judge me but if that's what you want then fine. It's just going to be us in our new home enjoying great food and wedding cake," Naruto grinned at the idea. Shikamaru was a very successful man since he was in high school he was his own CEO and had invested it in many lucrative projects that were gaining interest and turning profit. 

"I like the idea of us," Shikamaru parked the car and held his hands tightly. Naruto looked over at him with a concerned expression. "I know this is your idea for us to get married and all that but promise me something." 

"Anything my darling shadow."

"No matter how much we fight or feel like this was a mistake, promise me you won't divorce me. I have no intentions of breaking this off Naruto, no matter how high the risks are I'm banking on you. Just please don't leave me when things get rough, I don't think I can handle it again." 

"I promise, I would never abandon you," Naruto said seriously before he smiled again. "You're the only person crazy enough to marry me after only 5 minutes of knowing me." 

They laughed at each other and headed to the restaurant for lunch and to discuss what they wanted on the menu for their wedding.