Kichidere

Definition: Kichidere is a character that is crazy and dangerous but their feelings of love, and reactions to them, are surprisingly normal. They won't hide this darker side of themselves, they can't help it, but this part of them won't get in the way of their relationship with their love interest. 

Shikamaru heard the swing of the bat before he saw who swung it. The man holding him took it in one blow and went down. He opened his eyes to be stunned by the blood on the bat that was now eye-level with him. He followed the bat to see a blonde grinning at him as he flashed the blood on the alley wall before putting it down. "Didn't get you right?" He asked as the demented flash in his eyes faded. 

"No, and thank you," Shikamaru looked at him since he had a broad frame. 

"I'm Naruto," The blonde reached out and cupped Shikamaru's cheek. "Can I have your name?" 

"Shikamaru," He could feel the blonde's calloused hand. The hand of a person who played the sport of the bat he wielded. 

"Naruto!" A voice called off at the entrance. The blonde didn't pay attention, only raptured with the bit of fawn he saw in trouble. "Mad dog!" 

Okay, that made him a bit pissed, Shikamaru watched as his eyes turned into a dark glare and without missing a beat he spun and threw his bat, hitting whoever was calling his name. A heavy thud could be heard and Shikamaru was instilled with a sense of fear as Naruto turned back to him but the glare was gone, replaced with a soft look. "Can I have your number, I want to take you out on a date." 

Shikamaru didn't know why but something in him urged him to follow the blonde's request and he wound up giving Naruto his number. It was also in that alleyway that he had his first kiss as Naruto stole it. He was left blushing as the blonde picked up his bat and stepped over his teammate as they were both wearing the same baseball uniform. "I go to Tokyo University. Meet me there after you're done with school." 

He left before Shikamaru could even protest. He was slightly confused but decided he should hurry up and leave the area before either person woke up. He didn't want any more trouble. He thought of the crazy blonde as he got ready for bed. What was he doing? He should've run away but the blonde had unknowingly blocked any escape he could make. Then there was the fact that Naruto had an obvious anger problem. He sighed as he climbed into bed. 

The next day Shikamaru found himself waiting at the gate of Tokyo University. When Naruto came out, a dark look was on his face, his bat was bloody and dripping as he made his way forward. Shikamaru noted that everyone gave Naruto a very wide circle. However, the look melted away when he spotted Shikamaru who waved shyly at him. Naruto grinned in return and pulled him into a warm hug, making sure his bloody bat didn't reach his little boyfriend. "Hey," Shikamaru murmured in his chest. Naruto enjoyed having his small hands grip his shirt. 

"Hey, little one, ready to head out?" Naruto pulled back and looked down at him. Shikamaru nodded and in a move all on his own reached for the blonde's bat. Naruto didn't protest, curious as to what Shikamaru planned to do. Imagine his surprise when Shikamaru poured water from a bottle to clean the metal object. Once it was clean he gave it back to Naruto. 

"Now I'm ready." 

Naruto was touched by that and ever since they've been a couple.

Shikamaru quickly learned that Naruto was a violent man, extremely so. He didn't hesitate to swing his bat but it was a beautiful art form when he chose to wield it. His movements were fluid and strong, it enraptured Shikamaru who started out looking away but now stared, fixated by his large frame towering over his enemies. Naruto was a delinquent to put it shortly. A very deranged delinquent. Shikamaru didn't mind however, somehow none of Naruto's issues with others ever caught up to him. It always stopped at Naruto and Shikamaru was grateful as he couldn't imagine being beaten bloody because he was dating the blonde. It seemed Naruto could sense this, hence he made sure that his troublemaking didn't involve Shikamaru. 

Sure some dates were ruined by them crashing it but Naruto being the blonde made sure they paid dearly. Shikamaru felt smitten with Naruto's duality. Whenever he visited Shikamaru after dark they would spend hours in the Nara's backyard under the stars. Naruto's eyes are the only thing more captivating than the stars. Shikamaru blushed as Naruto's bloody knuckles caressed his cheek, the blonde was a romantic which was weird given his abrasive personality but it was a beautiful compliment. Naruto caught him in a deep kiss and Shikamaru gave into him. 

They rolled in the grass that night, Naruto was tempted to take Shikamaru fully but he didn't not here at least. 

Many would say that good boys influence bad boys but they were wrong. Good boys were susceptible to bad influence. They were naturally curious, like babies to a stove. They knew it was hot, that they shouldn't touch it but they did anyway. And while the burn was painful it had an undertone of 'maybe it wasn't so bad.' That was how Shikamaru felt when he experienced swinging a bat at a man's head for the first time. And the worse thing was that Naruto had only asked in a joking manner. He was clearly surprised when Shikamaru actually took a swing. It wasn't hard enough to knock the man out but it was enough to knock him off his feet. 

"Are you sure?" Naruto asked in a loving tone, his eyes telling Shikamaru it was okay if he rejected this. Shikamaru smiled at that and handed the bat back to Naruto who easily took it. Satisfied that Shikamaru rejected the request to walk the path of a delinquent. Shikamaru was a smart baby, Naruto was fire when he was angry so he would wait until the ember burns out to hold him close and Naruto seemed satisfied with the arrangement.