Dorodere

Definition: A "Dorodere", sometimes spelled "Doredere", refers to a character who acts or seems sweet on the outside but is actually full of bad feelings, like grudges, towards others or even their love interest.

Looking at Naruto you would see a sweet idiot who would go out of their way to make your day better. He's the ace of his baseball team, playing all positions with perfect accuracy. He's gay so he's intuned with his emotions and isn't afraid to show them. He cries, he laughs, and he empathies with your pain. He's silly and carefree. He's beyond anybody in this world, at least that's what his boyfriend Shikamaru thinks. And that's the thing, while Naruto may be that on the outside he's actually very twisted inside. He looks down on people and wants to kick them senseless but for the sake of not turning his reputation to shit he doesn't. 

He knows what society wants and he will walk that tight rope to get there. It doesn't matter his feelings about the situation but once in a while, he does exact some of his revenge. Naruto was a person with perfectly clear memory. He isn't the type to play up the details in his favor, nor skew them to make the other person seem more deplorable than they actually were. It was a clean memory, free from all forms of edits that usually happens when people become overwhelmed with emotions and want to justify their actions. Many of his friends have wronged him over the years in one way or the other and he remembers very clearly and does hold a grudge, the urge to get revenge. 

Some may call him petty for holding onto these memories, that they were from days when his friends were immature and they've grown up. Others may tell him to find a different group of friends if he hated his current one so much, it's not like he's lacking anything. But Naruto would look at you and shake his head at your naive thinking. All through society everyone has that one grudge they cannot let go of. That one urge for revenge can never be quenched or forgotten. The desire will always be there, so much so that if the opportunity were to fall into your lap no matter how much time has passed you would grab it. Even on his death bed Naruto firmly believes he would take it no matter what. That's what he's doing now. Now that they were older, it was the best time to take his revenge and it started out slowly. 

He pushed Sakura down the wet stairs and watched her body contort on the way down until she blacked out. The school was empty, the practice had already been finished but he knew Sakura liked to stay behind to masturbate in Sasuke's seat in their homeroom. He remembered clearly her doing this to him in kindergarten. Pushing him down the stairs and causing him to twist his ankle. This time however she had broken her leg and dislocated her shoulder and suffered a fractured hip. 

Ino was the next target on his list. She was a pretty face and he had to admit that they did have a one-night stand but since they were both in relationships they kept quiet about it. But what she didn't know about was the fact that Naruto knew about her other flings, the males recording her and sending them to Naruto who was being a saint and trying to warn a best friend. He sent the master tape to Sai under a dummy email that didn't link back to him and watched the aftermath. And what did she do? She stole his lunch, every day before lunchtime she would steal his lunch and eat in the bathroom. He doubted she remembered but he did, he had to starve for the majority of elementary school because of her. 

Next came Kiba. Now Naruto personally had a hatred for that fucking mutt he carries around. In middle school, Kiba would train that little shit to piss over his gym clothes and only his clothes. He would piss on his school bag to soak his books and at one point he overheard Kiba's mom lecturing him about how the dog needed to unlearn the command that made him hold his urine in. That was what made Naruto, now in high school and driving run that dog over when he was let out for his nightly runs. Kiba was that lazy and when Akamaru didn't come home that night someone discovered him in a ditch, that mutt was so recognizable and known that the entire Konoha knew it was someone who held a grudge against Kiba and his family. 

What actually shocked Naruto however was when Kiba asked if it was him. "Dude, are you fucking serious? I cared about Akamaru," Naruto was seething as he slammed his locker shut, causing the other to jump. "I walk around with dog treats for fuck's sake!" 

"I know, I know!" Kiba raised his hand up as his eyes watered. "I know back in the day I used to have Akamaru do shit to you so I wondered if you were just dealing Karma." 

"Kiba, that was so long ago and it's a puppy. An innocent puppy, if I wanted revenge I would probably drug you and then piss on you," Naruto tilted his head as he spoke and Kiba felt a shiver go up to his spine as Naruto's eyes narrowed at him. "I didn't even remember those incidents until you just told me." 

Kiba laughed nervously before Naruto gave him a right hook that knocked him out. "I'll give you credit, you're not that much of an idiot," He muttered as he pulled his cock out and proceeded to spray his urined on Kiba. "That should do it." 

And the last on his list was Shikamaru.

His boyfriend. 

Naruto genuinely loves Shikamaru, hence he put up with all the harassment Shikamaru's friends brought him over the years. The reason why the harassment started against him in the first place was that he kissed Shikamaru when they were little kids, confessing that he liked the Nara. 

Shikamaru had rejected him. Harshly at that. 

All that rolled into Ino eating his lunches, Sakura pushing him down the stairs, and Kiba and his demon spawn of a dog pissing on his things. Just to let him feel awful about his liking of their lazy friend. His hatred grew up until college when Shikamaru was the one to approach him this time. Naruto wanted to laugh but he asked for time to respond. He took two weeks and only answered when Shikamaru asked again. It was at a party and Shikamaru was drunk, Naruto was stone-cold sober and he asked Shikamaru to present himself. They had wild sex upstairs in the bathroom and only then did Naruto accept it. 

But their relationship while wholesome and cute to others was filled with mental pain and anguish. Naruto was abusive, to put it bluntly, but not in a physical way, he played mental games with Shikamaru. Cornering his boyfriend and making him question his entire existence. He would gaslight him to no end, emotional playing with him with no concern for what was out of bounds. Shikamaru was depressed most days and it was these days Naruto loved the most, he would guide Shikamaru to a mental cliff and push him over it. Tearing into his insecurities and questioning his loyalty to the blonde by bringing up fake scenarios where others swore they saw Shikamaru cheating. 

He took a hedonistic approach in watching Shikamaru cry and break down. Begging him to believe him, that he would never do such things. At the end of the day, this was Shikamaru's punishment. Torturing him emotionally with no restraint. It was a beautiful sight. He would make up for it a little bit by love-bombing him. Taking care of him in ways that let him forget. 

"I love you Naruto," Shikamaru confessed through tears as they kissed that night. 

"I know Shikamaru, I know," Naruto murmured as he embraced him. "I love you as well."