The Engagement

'My life has never been the same since I met you.'

Monica waited for him for a long time. He did not come out of his office. Nathan went into his office after sending off Suhasini.

Nathan: Sir... Madam kelambitanga...

Adi: yeah that's fine.. I will talk to her after reaching home.. Ippo enaku urgent ah oru conference irukku with Y country's President. Bring me the files submitted by external affairs minister this morning..

I was about to attend it after reaching home. But our appointment moved an hour earlier due to a small crisis. Don't disturb me for an hour and no calls..

Nathan: Sure sir.. Your files are here..

Nathan did not tell him the fact that Monica was waiting outside because of the conference..

------

An hour passed.... She still waited...

He came out after an hour...

Adi: Monica.. When did you come?? What are you doing here???

Monica: I came when your wife left... She did not even wait for you.. Unakaga illa naalum mathavanga irukkanga le.. Avangalkachi wait pannirukalam.. Unaku ivlo insulting ah pannitu pora.. Enaku pidikave illa... Enna pandradhu?? Avanga veetle ellam avlo dhaan solli tharuvanga..

Adi observed her expression...

Adi: She knows that I will come home at the end of the day.. So poiruppa... And idhule insulting ah Enna irukku???

Monica: nee idhukullaiye avalku ivlo support pandre....

She then teared up....

Adi: I was just stating the facts.. Don't cry..

Monica: Ava Enna ellam sonna theriyuma... Ava dhaan first lady ahm.. Princess ahm.. Naan unnai Paaka vara koodadhu nu ellam sonna...

Adi: Ava apdi ellam solla matta.. Nee thappa purinjutu iruppe.. Sari vaa.. I will drop you home...

She knew well if she insisted on complaining about Suhasini, then Adi would doubt her. So she did not continue her complaints.

When they both were getting into the car, he sat at the shotgun..

Monica: why don't you come and sit with me in the back??

Adi: I feel uncomfortable... You know right???

This strange disease of him irritated her to the core. If not for it, she would have already married him and became the first lady.

He dropped her in her house and went back. When he reached home, Suhasinu was sound asleep on the bed. So he did not wake her up.

------

Next day, He left for office earlier in the morning. He was busy with the united nations conference which was going to take place by the coming month. And as a Prime minister, his shoulders were always burdened with works.

She understood his work and got ready to go by herself to the engagement. She did not want to bring him as she felt her chithappa family did not deserve his presence. And also she wanted to deal with her problems on her own. Even though they were married, they were still two strangers under one roof.

She donned a beautiful silk saree with a paired necklace. She had styled her hair in a bun. She looked like a traditional queen...

She was chauffeured to the Hotel Luxury and everyone welcomed her when she got down from the car. Guna was so nice to her. Manohar's parents were also good to her who never really looked at her in the past. Manohar's parent especially invited media and every guests as they were going to become connected to the royal family in a way.. She looked gorgeous in that saree and everyone was calculating its price inside their minds.