Fall of the King

'What we call evil is simply ignorance bumping its head in the dark.'

Sena was shocked by the King's responses that night. She didn't get a chance to meet him again. She requested an audience with him. He denied her entry into his palace.

She had doubts in her heart. Months rolled by and her baby bump started showing. She received Dikshan's letter.

Dear sister,

I'm delighted to know that you're pregnant. I know you will listen to me. Don't worry about him being away from you. He will come closer to you once you give birth to his first offspring.

It's in your hands, sister. Once you give their first heir, he has to talk to you. You will get your chance then.

His words conceived machinations in her head.

She was eight months into her pregnancy and Iniyal was at nine months.

Iniyal on the other hand stayed calm and never talked much. Except for a few maids and palatial staff, nobody knew about Sena and her child. Iniyal covered everything for the country's welfare.

Iniyal didn't have a baby shower citing the reason that Sena wouldn't have one. She was pregnant but she didn't celebrate.

All her life she dreamed about carrying his child. When it happened, she wasn't able to rejoice in the way they wanted. Dev became a walking corpse. His words turned harsh. He stood upright and people forgot his smile. He didn't wrong them. However, they lost their once charming king.

Iniyal's palatial medic confirmed that she would give birth in two weeks. This news also reached Sena.

Iniyal's parents came to invite her to their house. She declined going with them in the fear of Sena. Her husband might send her away if she moved out.

Per their rules, she could not let that happen to a royal heir.

The guard came running towards her.

Iniyal: what happened?

Guard: Your highness, Maid's water broke. Head mistress wanted me to inform you.

Iniyal: Please go and inform his highness. I'll be in her quarters soon.

Sena was crying in pain. However her expression changed when she met Iniyal.

Sena: Enna paakure??? Nammakku munnadi ivaluku epdi kozhandhai porakka pogudhu na???

I induced it... En Dev kaga naan enna veanum naalum pannuven.

You will not give his first heir. I'll be the one to give him. I was the one he loved at first.

I gave away my princess title to be with him. You're just a minister's daughter. I'm a Princess. You can never come up to me.

This child will rule the kingdom. You will be ousted.

Iniyal: Don't speak. You're bleeding. You're in pain.

Sena: I'm in pain from the day I entered this palace. Idhellam enaku onnume illa.

You always had my Dev wrapped around you... Oru raathri en pakkathule irundhadhe paakave unaku apdi irundhudhe... Enaku epdi irundhu irukkum??? I always saw him tightly wrapped around you.

You gave me pain... Everyone said that you saved me from my miseries. But they didn't know that you were the reason behind my miseries.

Her words worked her way into Iniyal and she fainted. She was suddenly held by someone.