Chapter 111: Ida home Part. 1

Nikki's POV

Monday, December 31st, 1990

Morning...

I stirred in my sleep and groaned turning my full body around to lay on my back. I've been in Idaho for a week now and honestly, I haven't felt this much peace in a while. Dr. Lars was right. I needed to get out of LA and be with my family. Tom was very excited to see me as he pulled up to the airport to pick me up. Walking into the old house where he and Nona lived felt very depressing. I haven't been here since 85. Tom didn't clean out anything that belonged to Nona. As a matter of fact, he didn't clean the house at all. The house looked like it had some dark sad memories when it was nothing of the sort. I know Tom is living here by himself and he must feel very lonely. My aunt Sharon told me before I came that he's been having a tough time. I'm glad I came here to be with him. He's the father I never had.

I spent my Christmas with the whole family coming over to the house to see me. My aunts made a nice home-cooked Italian buffet here. I was stuck in the washroom for hours shitting out everything I ate. Me and Tom took long walks down the old forest where I used to run and play. We walked down to the river where he taught me how to fish when I was a boy. I loved being here. There's no place like this. This is home. And when I get older and I'm ready to retire, I want to spend my retirement in the open fields where I can sit back on my porch and watch the sunset with my wife. By then all my kids will be grown and be doing their own thing. So, I wouldn't have to worry. But this is where I want to retire.

"Nikki." I heard Tom's voice as he knocked on my door. "You awake?"

"Mmmm, no." I muffled as I grabbed a pillow and put it over my face.

"Well, you answered so you are, Tommy's on the phone."

"Tommy? What does he want?"

"How bout you talk to him and find out." I hear his footsteps walk away.

I get out of bed wrapping my small blanket around me. The house was cold. I open the door and head over to the phone.

"Good morning sleepy head."

"Good morning, Sharon. Something smells good."

"I'm making waffles with sausages, and eggs. Come eat when you're done."

"I will." I nodded towards her. "T-bone what's up?"

I collapsed down on the couch trying to make myself comfortable to listen to what Tommy was going to babble to me about. Knowing him it's probably just about Heather and her disappearing acts.

"Hey dude, how you've been? You haven't called since you got down there. You just forgot about us."

"I've been great, and no I haven't called because I just needed some time away from everyone. And yes, I did forget all about you guys."

"Rude, anyways I feel like I wanna get out of LA myself. Kind of in need of somewhere to go. Me and Heather aren't getting along. I mean we were at first... but now she's just always grumbling and making noise."

"Well, how about you go to your parent's place to get away?"

"Nah don't wanna go there. I was thinking somewhere a little further away... you know... somewhere frosty where I can go skiing... maybe even snowboarding."

I clenched my jaw rolling my eyes. Now, don't get me wrong. I love Tommy, he's funny and I always have a good time and a good laugh whenever we're together. But he's the last person I want to see here in Idaho with me. He's just going to have to find somewhere else to go.

"Tommy, why don't you-

"Come to Idaho... yes that's a great idea!"

"No, no that's not what I was gonna say-"