Save Me - 22

(TW: Kidnapping, slight violence, use of needles)

Albedo's eyes open with a start, trying to breathe but a cloth obstructs his mouth. He thrashes in his restraints but to no avail. His hands and feet are bound by magic. He quickly darts his head around to try and figure out where he is.

How many days had it been?

Where is he?

Who took him?

His questions would be answered quite quickly as a tall figure walks through the door. An Abyss Herald. An immediate red flag and the Alchemist wants nothing more but to leave already.

"Eager are we?" The Abyss Herald chuckles, sharp claw-like fingers graze his chin, and Albedo can only sit still and watch.

There are many things going through his mind. An escape plan, wanting answers, and Klee. And Kaeya. His head droops low, his breathing is shallow. But the Abyss Herald doesn't pay attention.

"Our royal highness requested you stay put. Quite easy that you didn't budge even once. Dainsleif gave you quite a scare maybe? Or did he use unethical methods to make you as sleepy as you are?"

Albedo isn't listening. His mind is racing and his head is hurting. It's as if there's something else in his system.

The Abyss Herald goes quiet but only for a moment, "Would you look up?!" The yelling is muffled by a loud thwack that can be heard. Albedo falls to the floor, his restraints not letting up but his left cheek hurts. The Abyss Herald had punched him in the face and the Alchemist coughs violently.

"I know I'm not allowed to kill you, but they didn't say anything about roughening you up a little." If only Albedo could see under the mask, the Abyss Herald is smiling, psychotic and sick enjoyment contorted on his face.

Albedo tries to get up but the Herald grabs him by his collar. "You aren't any fun though, not saying a word and not struggling enough. Let's see if you'd like what we've prepared for you."

Fatui cicin mages walk in, their giggling echoes in the empty room. They give the Abyss Herald some sort of box and leave just as fast as they had entered. The Herald reaches in and a needle with a purple substance swirls within it. Albedo doesn't like the looks of it, it's nothing like anything he's ever created before. Which means it shouldn't be used on a living being.

"You're an Alchemist, right? This shouldn't be so difficult for you." Inserting the needle into his arm, Albedo knows that he shouldn't thrash about, if inserted wrong it could have disastrous effects.

The substance seeps into his skin and he's instantly hit with pain. He hunches over and he can only scream in pain, but his agony is muffled by the cloth. His markings on his back glow with a brightness unforeseen and the Abyss Herald covers his eyes. But after it stops, the Herald could not be happier.

Albedo is exhausted already as if getting minimal sleep wasn't bad enough. Suddenly he's put through this. "Get up," the Herald demands.

Albedo can't, his legs are weak as if the substance is working throughout his body at an alarming rate.

"Useless creature..," the tall figure mutters as he kicks Albedo's stomach. The Alchemist winces and coughs. The Abyss Herald laughs, loud and prideful, "What is so special about you? I don't understand, you're quivering like a scared animal."

Albedo's ears are ringing loudly, his body is shivering and the pain isn't subsiding. His stomach and cheek sear with pain as his whole body is eating him alive. Tears prick the corner of his eyes, if only he didn't go to sleep, if only he listened to Dainsleif.