Family - 33

The library is usually a quiet place, occasionally occupying some form of noise but it's maybe a whisper or two. Klee is always the source of a big explosion of noise but it's better than being kept in solitary confinement. She tries her best to stay quiet but she finds herself antsy.

Jean had explicitly told her to stay inside the library for the day, it's odd because Klee hadn't done anything wrong.

She finds it a bit unfair that she's being kept from going outside. She groans and sways her feet under the table, kicking the wood and it makes a loud thud noise. "I'm bored," she sighs.

"Little one, Jean must have her reasons of keeping you here," Lisa smiles, "Please stay put as best you can, the Dandelion Knight isn't in the greatest of moods."

Klee sighs louder in which Lisa chuckles in response, "I know little one, let me speak with her okay?"

Klee looks at her with a sad expression but ultimately nods, not having many options in the first place.

Lisa quickly struts over to the office door, entering without knocking. "Lisa..." Jean groans.

"I know dear, but it's urgent," Lisa winks. Jean rolls her eyes but she can't be annoyed, Lisa is this way after all. "What seems to be the problem now?"

"I know how tiring work must be but is it really alright to keep Klee in the library all day? She'll start blowing up all my books at this rate."

Master Jean had been developing eye bags for the past few days, every little thing seems to stress her out and she simply can't take all the pressure. "Lisa, I told you. It's Albedo, we've already discussed why she needs to stay in there."

"And why do you feel the need to shield her? I already knew what Albedo was," Lisa twirls a pen in her hand carelessly. Jean immediately perks up, "What?"

"I don't know everything, but I know enough. It's ironic really, he and I are almost the same. We both have our own expiration dates," Lisa sits on a chair and looks at Jean.

"My love, I can't predict the future but I do know that you shouldn't keep his sister from him. That's cruel even for you. I know you may have a soft spot for the little one but she's his sister. You have a sibling of your own, you know how that feels no?"

Jean feels defeated, Lisa always knowing exactly what to say even if she doesn't put much effort into what she does. "Yes, of course. I'm just- there's so much going on. It's like the world is crumbling apart by the second and I can't fix it all at once." The Master having tears form in her eyes and Lisa quickly comforts her.

"Hey hey, no one is making you do this. Let others carry the burden. But just this once, for me, let the little one visit him. Okay?" She gives a small, hopeful smile.

Jean nods, her heart giving in.

———————————————

As anyone in Mondstadt knows, Klee is not a patient girl. The minute Lisa left the library she booked it to the door. The only time she's quiet is when she's scheming, sneaking around and escaping.

She's gotten quite good at it and usually never gets caught. But someone was standing just outside the Knight's Headquarters, almost as if they knew Klee was escaping.

"Honorary Knight! What are you doing here?" Klee giggles, her hands a bit fidgety from being so antsy.

"Oh no, Paimon thinks you've escaped! You have that look in your eyes." Paimon flies down to Klee, examining her.

Klee looks aside, her face giving it away.

"It's okay Paimon, I think she's been stuck in there for long enough," the Traveler leaning down and taking Klee's hand, "Wanna go for a walk?"