Secrets - 38

(TW Mentions of past attempted suicide)

Kaeya slams the Cathedral's doors shut as he breathes a sigh of relief. The sisters of the church murmur amongst themselves as they watch the Captain frantically carry a bloodied nun over to the center of the church. Barbra is seen praying in the center, the light that illuminates the middle is almost too holy to bear.

"BARBRA!!" Kaeya yells. She immediately turns around and gasps in horror.

"Kaeya! What happened to sister Rosaria?!" Her hands are shaking and her expression is frantic.

Kaeya lays Rosaria down onto the ground, the nun is not conscious and she's bleeding quickly.

The other sisters scatter, fetching supplies and bandages for their coworker. "She was attacked, apparently by the abyss. It must have been a lot and she was alone too," Kaeya says.

The sisters of the church gasp, they talk amongst themselves but Barbra lifts a hand to quiet them down. "Please sisters, I need to heal her."

They all nod and watch as Barbra uses her hydro vision. The energy and light is seeped into Rosaria bruises, she lifts her hands and hovers them over the nun's body.

Kaeya is watching in anticipation, it's not like he hasn't seen Barbra do countless of healing sessions but he's just worried. After all, she's his best friend.

Rosaria opens her eyes and intakes a big breath of air. She coughs violently, spitting out blood in the process. "Where the fuck am I?" She curses.

The other sisters grumble and start to scold her. "Ah... I should've known," she groans, laying her head back down onto the cold floor of the Cathedral.

"Barbra, thanks."

"It's nothing at all sister Rosaria, next time you should really be careful. You could have died."

"I wish I had." It was the smallest whisper but Kaeya heard it and he knows the feeling all too well.

"Hey, I don't mean to pry or be weird but it was totally uncalled for when you almost kicked the door down to beat the shit out of my boyfriend," Kaeya sneers.

Rosaria looks at him with a disgruntled face, "Who are you?" She says it in a sarcastic tone.

"Har har, you are so funny. Im glad you can crack jokes but you seriously got banged up."

She stares at the ceiling, "Yeah, I know I said all that stuff but I just got really triggered. Betrayal, being alone and getting jumped. It felt like dejavu. I was so mad at Sucrose but since I couldn't find her, the next best person to take my anger out on was Albedo..." she bites her lip, nervousness in her eyes, "I- I'm sorry, he definitely didn't know either."

Kaeya hugs his best friend and she immediately goes stiff. She pats him on the back, an indicator for him to get off of her. "Don't ever do that again," she glares at him.

"Don't try and get yourself killed again."

They smile at each other, a mutual understanding.

"Uh... sister Rosaria?" Barbra fiddles with her fingers, nervous to interject into their conversation.

"Hmm?" Rosaria acknowledges her.

"Please stay here for a little bit, the other sisters will bring soup and such to help."

The nun looks at Barbra then to her friend, "Fine, I'm tired anyways. Kaeya, tell him that it was my bad. And go comfort him, he needs it more than I do."

Kaeya doesn't need to be told twice, he waves to the sisters goodbye and runs out. Rosaria hisses at the pain at her side. "Is Mister Albedo alright? Kaeya seemed to be in a hurry," Barbra asks.