Sickness and Health- 8

Albedo woke up with a start, gasping and grasping at his disheveled clothes. "By the Archons..." he looks around and looks over to the space that the Cavalry Captain had taken up. The space was empty.

A surge of anxiety swept him up and he got up to run out but Klee gripped his cloak. "Mister Kaeya didn't get lost." Her voice echoing through the cave.

"How would you know?" His tone questioning and somewhat ticked off by how sure she sounded. But it was only that he was irritated and still had lack of sleep for him to sound angry. Klee, someone who had known Albedo for forever, knew that he wasn't really mad at her.

"He told you he had to work, the storm isn't here anymore so that's why," she slumped down onto her blanket and looked up at him, "He looked sad though. I don't know why."

Albedo sighed, Klee was always so observant. The knights never gave her enough credit for it. Sometimes she was too smart and cunning for her own good, using her innocent looking face to put people's defenses down. It worked on the Alchemist so he would be hypocritical to say it never works on himself.

"Maybe it's because he didn't expect to be here for so long." Obviously a lie but it was all he had. If Klee noticed his blatant lie she didn't comment on it.

She hummed and went over to the fire pit with a fire no longer present. She planted a little bomb and it blew up to light up the fire. "He still looked cold when he left," she tapped her finger on her chin, trying to remember, "He didn't notice that I saw him though."

The Alchemist walking over and sitting next to her as she continues, "I don't think he stopped either, he had the look in his eye. Like he wanted to leave really badly." She pouts, like she thought that maybe it was her fault he left.

Albedo noticing immediately that her mood changed, scooping her up into his lap. "It's not your fault Klee, it's mine." He goes quiet then, staring at the fire flickering.

She looks at him, her pout turning into one of a solemn expression. "Go say sorry then," she frowns. It's easy for her to say such a thing, it's so simple in the mind of a child. Maybe it could be that easy but Albedo and Kaeya aren't simple people. Both complicated with issues they both would want guarded close to their hearts. Never to be heard by the outside world.

Klee gets an idea, her little crafty mind coming up with a plan. "Miss Sucrose told me she needed help with her experiment." Klee lied, but this was for the greater good. As greater good for a child it can get.

Albedo gives her a quizzical look. "She would have sent a letter by bird if she needed my presence." Klee shook her head vigorously, "But since I was coming over she told me to just tell you, but I forgot cause Mister Kaeya came along."

Her face was apologetic and Albedo had to give in. "Alright, we can go. But wear something warm to go back. I don't want us getting frostbite." She gleamed at him and immediately went to get the extra warm clothes that were in the Alchemist's cabinet.

———————————————-

Kaeya couldn't get up, he had accidentally slept overnight at the tavern. His eye drooping and his limbs feeling numb. As he comes back to his senses he realizes he's extremely cold. But how could that be? He's not in dragonspine anymore.

He coughs then, then keeps coughing. "For fucks sake," he curses.

His hangover is not helping whatsoever either. He can't feel anything but chills and numbness. A fever maybe? It could just be a mild cold of some sort. Dragonspine really did a number on him and he regrets not warming up just a little before walking down the mountain.