Spiraling Down - 44

Kaeya is a seasoned sword fighter, his body moves with grace and calculative motions. Diluc, on the other hand, is firm in his stance and fights like a barreling boulder. They know each other well, having sparred with one another as children. That despite their misgivings, they can read each other's thoughts on a battlefield.

They work together well, covering each other's weak spots while also improving on each other's strengths. The twin can see this and finds it difficult to find an opening. They dodge flames roaring in the sky, while ice shoots down from under them. "Useless," they mutter under their breath.

Diluc scoffs at the statement and grabs their arm, yanking them and slamming their head against the concrete floor. The twin groans but recovers, twisting their arm and grabbing his wrist, yanking him down in the exact same motion.

Kaeya stomps on their arm before they could slam Diluc against the floor, it makes them wail in pain. Their grip loosens, holding onto their busted arm, they get up in a quick motion. All three of them are bruised up and none are ready to give up.

The twin goes in for a wide slash but the entire room shakes. The three almost lose balance and look toward the source of the sudden earth quake. Albedo, or Durin had broken free from the bars that he'd been locked up in.

"This is incredibly dull for a battle."

Kaeya tries to say something but the twin is quick with their words, "Get back in your cage!"

Durin laughs, cackling at the order. "Not so confident anymore are you? For as intelligent as you make yourself out to be, you can be quite idiotic." His eyes glow a blinding purple, his arms grow large and fingernails turn into sharp claws.

Kaeya and Diluc gaped at the sight, the twin seemed to step back as if they didn't think this would happen either.

"This world will fall, and it will obey me!" Durin smiled wide, smashing into the ground.

The whole world shook as his body convulsed, it grew bigger and bigger. Albedo looked almost unrecognizable, only his hair and diamond embedded on his neck remained.

"ALBEDO!" Kaeya screamed as loud as he could, "DON'T LET HIM DO THIS!"

The twin used this opportunity to punch Kaeya in the stomach, he doubles over and coughs violently. Diluc grunts, clashing his claymore against the twin's sword which had blocked the blow. They exchange blows, neither losing or gaining the upper hand. It let Kaeya limp over to where Durin was.

"Albedo, please." His voice was quiet, intimate, only for him.

Durin looked at him, his expression changing for a fraction of a second. "Kaeya?"

Kaeya smiled, "Yeah, it's me."

His eyes changed , different than they were a moment ago and Kaeya knew that it was the man he's been longing to see for months. Albedo looked around, Diluc and the twin still fighting in the distance. The twin is visibly angry and trying to advance past Diluc. The Darknight hero isn't one to let his enemy go.

Albedo clutches at his own neck as he yells, tears forming at the corner of his eyes. He writhes in pain and steps away from Kaeya who had gotten closer to him.

"HE'LL COME BACK AGAIN! KAEYA DON'T TOUCH ME, HE'LL HURT YOU!" Albedo holds his head, pain searing in his whole body.

"No!" Kaeya only gets closer, "I'm not letting you go again."

The twin growls, kicking Diluc in the face. He falters slightly but tries to counter, the twin is fast and dodges. They quickly slash his side and he gasps in pain. "KAEYA!" He shouts but it's too late.