Chapter 8: Reliving memories

It was still the middle of the night. Tommy was finally awake after sleeping for more than 11 hours. Wilbur was now making eggs for everyone since Tommy didn't eat at all. He was learning from Phil as he chuckled at his horrible flipping of the eggs. Now Tommy and Techno were sitting on the counter of the kitchen watching them, silently chuckling at the brunette's brown eggs.

Although everything seemed okay now, Wilbur started to think about his brother's pleas. Since that hour of just hugging and crying, hearing his voice tell Phil he's sorry, like he gave up trying to smile and gave in to the drowning sensation of pain, made the brunette more worried and anxious than anyone. His face was so tensed. 

"Wilbur?" Phil patted his shoulder making Will quickly turn to him. Techno glance at the boy, somewhat examining him. 

"Oh- uh, sorry, I fazed out". Phil smiled at the brunette. "It's fine, it happens to all of us, just make sure it doesn't happen when your cooking mate". 

Will looked to the pan that had been a mixture of brown and dark yellow. Phil and Techno started to laugh at Wilbur's panicked face as he tried to scrape it out. He was laughing too.

The 3 boys went silent as they heard a soft giggle from Tommy. He was definitely holding it in, trying not to hurt Wilbur's feelings. Phil's eyes shimmered at the laughing boy, the opposite of Wilbur's face which was playful offended. "Not you too Tommy!" That night breakfast was a great way to calm Everyone's nerves.

They placed the now recooked eggs that Phil did in front of Techno and Tommy, getting their own plates to serve themselves. Tommy just stared at the food nervously, feeling his own hands tremble as he clenched their fingers under the table. Techno glanced over to the little boy who still didn't touch his food. It just sat on the table as he stared away, slightly shaking. He looked frightened in a way. Techno pressed against his shoulder. Feeling his trembling as he nudged the blonde. "Tom's?"

He flinched, turning around to Techno's worried red-tinted eyes. "You okay? You're trembling a little". 

By now, Wilbur and Phil turned to the boy, both wearing worried expressions. Tommy nervously shook his head awkwardly smiling to him as to not seem suspicious. Although Phil and Wilbur went back to what they were doing, Techno was still grabbed onto Tommy's shoulder. He looked calm as he smiled at the 2 other boys, but I could still feel his shaking body.

He got scared, but from what? Techno wandered. His hand or something else?

Techno ruffled the boy's hair. "You have been asleep for a long time Tommy. You should eat a little". Tommy looked to the light strawberry-haired boy as he quietly ate his eggs. Tommy clenched his fork, giving off a determined look. He then stabbed the food, trying to bring it up to his mouth. He closed his eyes and scooped it in his mouth. 

He instantly felt like throwing it up but with all of his might, he swallowed it, doing it again and again. He felt the center of his chest tighten as he swallowed them down, trying not to throw it all up again, trying to make Techno proud of him. It finally went down his throat, his last bite. He covered his mouth, feeling every bit of his body want to throw it back up. The voice yelled against his ears to throw it up.

Finally, he swallowed it through the loud yells. Tommy leaned somewhat on Techno, taking in a few large breaths as he went against his father's voice that stabbed his brain. As quick as he did, Techno patted the boy's golden hair as he ate, closing his eyes. 

"You did good Tommy". 

It was only 5 small bites, not even half was gone but, he knew something was something.