Chapter 28: Progress isn't Always Linear

________________________________________________________

Back with Tommy Wilbur and Techno:

__________________________________________________

"Schlatt, please change this godforsaken music" Wilbur spoke out.

Schlatt was the actual person that was driving which was the first in a while. The speed bumps would be hit with a jump and every hole in the road would be hit by none other than the brunette laughing man known as Schlatt. Nothing to bad, just a little bit of reckless driving.

Something that Tommy started to note was the way his foster family tended to drive. Phil was very calm and slow, usually following the speed limit like the old man Wilbur and Techno always claimed he was (lol). Him driving made everything out the window seem slowed but when his 2 brothers practiced in his car, it was a ravaging speed and unholy amount of illegal turns and whatnot.

Tommy could still remember when his brothers distinctly took him for a quick trip to McDonalds. The look of uncertainty in Phil's eyes forever engraved itself in the blonde's memory of that day.

Honestly, he was glad Schlatt was at least keeping his mind out of his tank-filled brain of anxiety. The cow he got as a gift from Phil a few days ago in his arms that always calmed him down could only do so much, giving him something to ease his stress, something to distract his hands for a while while he suffocates his cow in the most tightest hug ever.

Swarms of thoughts seemed to go through his head as his eyes stayed glued to the car seat in front of him, listening to the abundance of sounds intertwining and becoming too overwhelming.

Schlatt laughing, Wilbur yelling, Techno humming, the radio, the cars swishing by...

Everything so loud like music discs overlaying each other. It should have been a good distraction yet somehow the noise wasn't helping how his brain was trying to bring him back to all of his morbid and overly anxious thoughts.

"What if they look at him?"

"What if it's crowded?"

"What if he makes people uncomfortable?"

"What if someone tries to hurt him?"

"This was such a bad idea"

"What If I embarrass Wilbur and Techno and Schlatt?"

"What if Shlatt doesn't want to be friends anymore?"

"What if he won't let me see Tubbo anymore?"

"What if..."

"What if....."

A collision of thoughts went through his mind without permission. As it swirled and swirled, in the end, made everything overwhelming from the loud noises coming from the radio and the cars swishing by to Wilbur and Schlatt arguing...

His ears rang and for some reason, it was getting harder for him to breathe. Sheer panic was scorching through his brain as he felt dissattatched from the conversation Wilbur and schlatt were having, from the car itself that he was supposedly sitting in, and the noises he heard in and out of the car. The only thing that felt real was Henry in his arms. White noise echoed in his brain as his breathing became harsher and rushed, demanding more air until the soft touch of scarred hands on his shoulder made him flinch, sound rushing back into his ears and eyes finally focusing on Techno whose expression was laced in worry.