Chapter 9: It's okay...your okay

Tommy woke up, quickly screeching breath, clenching his own throat as he coughed out. All he could see and feel was his dad's grip on his throat and the hazy light that was attached to the roof. He honestly felt alone, trapped in his father's forever grasp.

Phil woke up to the sound of coughing. The familiar small gasps and coughs made him immediately throw aside his sheets and run to Tommy's room. 

He pushed it open, seeing the blonde hysterically crying as he couldn't control his breathing. Techno had already been out of bed staring out of his room to the panicked Phil that had fastly run into Tommy's room.

Phil quickly grabbed the boy's elbows, trying to shake him out of whatever trance he was in. 

"Hey, Tommy! Hey- you okay!?" 

It didn't seem like he was even awake. His eyes glared at the ground. 

"Tommy, can you hear me?" It seemed like he was in a sort of nightmare. "Tommy breathe!"

 Phil's yell as he shook the boy made Techo and Wilbur run to his door. "Dad! What's happened!?" Wilbur yelled. Instantly, the room fell quiet with only Tommy's screeching breath as he cried. 

"Please...Please don't hurt me!" Phil flinched a little, hearing Tommy's  shakey word as he held himself, slightly rocking back and forth. He covered his face against his knees as he rocked slowly. "I don't want to die...Dad don't hurt me!" 

Phil brang him in his arms, feeling his own tears fall beside his hoodie. He clung onto Tommy like a lifeline. 

Techno and Wilbur ran inside, bending down to the fast-breathing boy. The light strawberry-haired boy sat next to him, hugging feeling every bit of him wanting to cry out for him. Wilbur softly cried on his other side, tightening his hug on him. 

Tommy's breathing was still fast as he processed where he was. 

"Tommy, your not there anymore. You were adopted remember?" His eyes finally came back from its blank expression. He slowly blinked. 

Techno mumbled with a quivering voice by one of his sides. "You've been adopted for a few days now. Remember? We bought you that plushie". 

Tommy started to finally breathe slowly. Wilbur started to mumbled from Tommy's hoodie, with his tears soaking it. 

"You are in our family. You live with Techno Phil and me Wilbur. That man can't hurt you here". 

Tommy felt all of his pain and guilt break and crumble up the wall he built up for years. The wall that never showed his weakness, like a barrier keeping him unattached to the families that would hurt him. He clenched Phil's shirt, squinting with tears as he yelled in his green shirt somewhat. 

Phil quietly rubbed his back in circles. "It's okay. Your okay Tommy".

The boy finally fell asleep in his own wet tears. He fell asleep against Phil, still holding Wilbur's hand while he lay against him. Phil was still wiping his tears away as he still had Tommy in his hands. He couldn't imagine the pain he had been through. How many times did he feel like his life was in danger? Why did he have to worry about his own life so much?

Techno could only glare off to the walls of Tommy's room, gripping his own hands, as the voices in his head thirsted for blood. Thirsted for someone to hit, for someone to murder. Techno had snapped hitting the wall of the room making the light hung on the roof shake slightly. Phil quickly looked up to the angered boy, seeing his trembling body as he clenched his fists. Phil could only look at his with sad eyes at the frustrated boy.