Chapter 5: A Worried Brunnette

Wilbur POV:

Techno opened the door to the car, letting Tommy and I go in the That was the first time he had smiled when I gave him his plushie. It was a fun day. I looked at Tommy's more relaxed face as he looked at his panda bear plushie. "You really like that plushie huh?" 

Tommy slightly turned red as he looked to the window nervously. "N-No...uh...it's just".

 I could only chuckle at his embarrassed red face. Phil started to turn on the car.

"I-It's my first plush". Wilbur turned to his quiet little brother who had still been staring at the little toy.

What did he mean? He was still a kid. Were there no stuffed animals or toys at the orphanage or something?

"This is your first stuffed animal? Didn't they have some at the orphanage?" Tommy flinched at that word. He just completely shut down for a few seconds. His eyes didn't once look back at my curious gaze after that. Fuck...I must have made him uncomfortable. 

"Y-You don't have to answer if you don't want to". I stuttered somewhat. 

I couldn't bear to ask anything else seeing how he was a little uncomfortable. Being with him for only 2 days, I now know that he has a lot of trust issues, mabey from past trauma. He barely speaks his mind about anything or anyone as if though he taught himself not to and never reaches out to us. Phil's voice cut through my thoughts. "We're gonna order some mc Donald's so we could eat on the go". Techno peeked his eyes at me signaling Tommy with his eyes.  Even with his stone serious face, I knew he was worried about the blonde. I looked sharply back nodding my head to reassure him. 

"Yeah, that sounds good". 

"What do you guys want to eat from there?" 

"I'll get a cheeseburger," I smiled out. "What about you Tommy?" 

Tommy tightened his grip on the bear as he heard Phil call out to him. His mouth opened but nothing came out. It looked like he was becoming overwhelmed by the amount of eyes on him and Phil's out of the blue question.

"He'll just get some nuggets and fries," I quickly said, trying to stop any tension that was building. "I'll get a cheeseburger too and fries" Techno interrupted. "Okay, then let's get going".

"Thank you for ordering at Mc D's!" 

"Thank you very much," Phil said as he had driven out. 

Techno and Phil were blabbering things about the car and the one that Techno wanted when after he turns 18. Through the utter chuckles of Phil, my attention drifted to Tommy as he still held his nuggets enclosed in their package and the fries in the holder untouched. He was scratching his arm somewhat making his skin slightly red unconsciously. Now that I look at him, he's really skinny for a 13-year-old.

                                                               3rd POV:

There he sat, holding the nuggets in his hands. The smell made every piece of his body want to push the food away from his lap, but he could slightly feel Wilbur's eyes that drifted to him. Every inch of his body just wanted the nuggets away from him, but he just held that urge and distracted himself by staring at the window. The blonde-haired boy knew that if they figured out his eating disorder, they would just pity him or throw him away like every other family, this family was somewhat different...He for the first time felt warmth in his chest and somewhat can let his guard down. He didn't want to be thrown away yet, cause he was getting too close and attached to the people in it.