Chapter 13: Let them in

Techno opened the wooden old doors to an almost dark-lit orphanage. He knew the way to the quarters of the employees since the day they came to get Tommy.

Left, then right, then a big left then go down the stairs to the 1st room and then straight down the hallway.

They were finally at the main front desk of the long hallway where a lady came out of the door that stood behind it. Her face seemed somewhat agitated.

"Sorry, you aren't supposed to wandering around this orphanage. There should be a person at the end of the hallway on the 1st floor of this building".

She then stopped talking seeing who the people who came were. The weird light pink hair she hated and the beach blonde that stood next to him.

"Well well well! Look who's back!"

Tehno scanned her red name tag that was pinned to her chest. Layla. The girl that called Tommy a burden when they asked to adopt him. 

Of course, though, Techno didn't need to read the name tag to know it was her. Her messy straight black hair in a bun and silked blue uniform were the same as that day too. Her red lipstick he so much despised and her evil smile that just made the voices go ballistic were what he recognized the most.

He wished to never see her again but there she stood, the lady that addressed Tommy so angrily. "You boys are the people that adopted that problem child. Thomas-"

Techno glared at the woman with anger as the voices started to yell in his mind.

Black hair

red lipstick

Layla

It was her alright. The voices recognized her almost instantly.

"It's Tommy actually".

Layla rolled her eyes as she flipped her hair.

"Whatever sweetheart. Whether he changes it or not, his name and past won't disappear. Anyway, what brings you here? You obviously didn't come to just visit me. Did you come to bring him back? Where is the little runt?"

She scanned behind Phil and Techno, searching for the small blonde that was actually resting peacefully at home. Techno felt the voices start to rile up in his head.

Draw blood!

She deserves to die!

She doesn't even care!

He gripped his own hands, trying to control their loud voices that swarmed around his thoughts.

"Wow, he only lasted for less than a week. That's a new high score! Told you he was a useless child to take in but you didn't listen now did you honey?"

Techno hated how she tried to sweet call him. It just made him want to shoot her the most disgusted face. Phil stepped a little in front of Techno trying to intervene as his face grew more and more colder to her, his eyes dead glaring at Layla.

"So you're admitting that you hurt the children in this orphanage?"

Layla flinched back a little seeing his angered face. Techno was now trembling with his anger inside him.

"Answer the question".

She smiled bringing herself closer to the desk.

 "And? What's it to you dear?