Chapter: 16: Bad First Impressions

"Diamonds!" Tommy yelled through his microphone. "Finally! Some actual progress instead of farming!"

The strike of lightning shot through the curtains. Making Tommy flinch a little. It was a stormy as that day...his father's angry face kept showing in his mind. "Tommy," Techno's monotone voice came through the headphones that shook his sight away from his curtains. "Take deep breaths bud".

How could he forget? He wasn't with his father anymore. He wasn't alone anymore. He had a family that cared for him. People he could rely on. He took a deep breath in and out slowly. "you okay?"

Tommy felt in control of his breaths again. The world was finally giving him a chance to calm down. His father's face seemed to fade from his mind as he calmed down. "Y-Yeah. Sorry, the lightning really scared me".

Obviously, it was a lie. Even his brothers knew. Right now, he needed someone to be with. Right now he needed a distraction from the horrible storm that reminded him of that day.

Wilbur's voice peered through the discord. "It's fine Tom's. I found diamonds too! Hold on, let me get to you. What are your coordinates?

All of a sudden, the doorbell rang through all three of their headphones. "I'll get it," Tommy said, getting up from his seat and walking downstairs past Wilbur's room. 

He quickly trodded down, passing the kitchen hearing the hard rain that was falling Outside as he reached the door. Opening it, he flinched, seeing a tall man around Wilbur's height and age with brown hair and side hair. His black sweater was drenched from the rain and he had brown dead shot eyes that just stared into Tommy's blue diamond ones so intensely. It made him flinch back a little.

"Who the hell are you!?" The man said almost surprised. Tommy instantly looked down, remembering his father's same tone. He looked away to the ground nervously, almost stumbling over his words trying to answer back steadily.

"I-I could ask you the same thing"

Schlatt bent down a little. "Is this your house? Do you live here or something?"

The child nodded his head fast, trying to end the conversation.

"What's it matter to you dipshit..."

'Holy crap this kid's a little gremlin' Schlatt thought to himself, feeling the slight vein pop out.

The man stepped closer eying the child. "Funny, my friend lives here, and the most I heard, they didn't have a little brother our cousin living here with them. You're way too young to be a family friend. Are you a family member or some shit?".

Tommy didn't answer. The words that spilled from his mouth felt like stabs to his heart. He knew it...

He was a burden, so much that his own family didn't even tell anyone he even existed or even lived with them. Could they even be called 'family'? Was he that much of a disappointment? Was he even a part of the family?

Steps from the stairs filled the silence between the 2 of them. Peeking in, there the brunette was, walking down the steps. Wilbur looked to the blonde from the stairs running quicker down seeing his nervous and scared face that didn't look away from the pavement.

 "Toms? Who's at the door-" 

Wilbur froze for a second seeing Schlatt's confused face at the doorway. His wet brunette hair flopped over his face from the rain. Once he recognized the situation, he let out a silent airy chuckle and patted Tommy's blonde head.