Chapter 33: The Start of his Life

Happy  Halloween WOOOO!!! Wanted to try and draw something and drew this :D

Anyways...enjoy!

_________________________________________________

The screeching of tires in their drive thru told them everything. Phil was home.

Techno sighed getting out of bed with Schlatt following. "I should probably get the door. Hang tight with Tommy kay?" and with a nod from the brunette, they left, closing the door quietly.

They didn't even reach the door before the knocking started to erupt in the house. So loud, Techno couldn't help but holler a quick "Coming!"  to at least calm the loud banging.

They made their way down to the door and with one action, opened to see Phil standing right in front of it. His bucket had unnaturally off of his head and eyes scanning the face of the 2 boys who were frozen, both examining the panic in his eyes.

Techno could see the pure worry writhing in his expression and it was what burned Techno's words away and left him silent without words. He looked just about ready to cry.

"Dad-"

"P-Phil?"

Both Techno and Schlatt tried to speak, tried to explain the situation as fast as possible, but they were both silenced the second Phil brought them both into his embrace, a firm hold on them both as he held on for dear life. It was as if he just had the worse scare of his life. Even with the utter surprise by the action, they both hugged back, a hug they all truly needed since they had come home believe it or not. so much had happen in such little time and it finally sunk in.

Through the hug, Shlatt tried to start off but could barely align his thoughts. There was so much...too much to talk about.

The whole situation felt like a fever dream, like a vivid vision weighing heavy in everyone's brain and piling slowly. All of the feelings so complicated to speak of, to talk about.

Before he was even given chance to try though, Phil brought them out of his hug, hands gripping their shoulders as he checked them. Eyes scanning them from top to bottom for any injuries (even though he's certain he would have been told if any of them were hurt but it doesn't hurt to check right?). They could both see the bubbling guilt practically surfacing in his expression as he searched.

And it was the exact thing the blonde was feeling in his gut. Guilt basically grinding down on his stupid decision to leave his kids alone, to trust that he wasn't putting too much stress on them all.

Why did he think for a second that leaving them alone would be a good idea? Why did he agree to leave even when he saw the hesitation in Tommy's expression, even when he heard the tremble in his voice? He asked himself that through the hours of traffic, through the impatient beeping and the illegal cuts and speeding. He asked that as he swerved into their driveway and almost busted down their own door.

He's known Tommy for a few months now yet couldn't even tell when he was pushing the boy to his brink. He should know that Tommy going to a place full of people and a new place without Phil, the sole person he'd stick right next to through it all was stupid, even if he was surrounded by others that he thought would make him feel safe...He should have thought about the reaction the boy would have, not to mention the stress he put on the 3 older kids.