Chapter 19: Keeping secrets

Phil's P.O.V.

"Yeah, sure!" Tommy said as he had walked up the stairs. Honestly, the boy's smiling more than I've ever seen him this past week. He isn't as secretive and quiet anymore. He jokes around with Techno and Will more often and it's quite a change. I can't help but smile as I see him happily walk up the stairs until Techno's intense tone of his sentence broke my thoughts.

"Guys, we need to talk".

Techno's voice seemed so serious. The second the blonde was fully upstairs, Techno facepalmed, pulling his hair back as he sighed. He looked almost angry like at any second he would yell at the top of his lungs.

"Techno?"

His face was distorted into some kind of anger I haven't seen in a while. His brows were furrowed and his eyes were a glinted red as if though he was so close to ripping the paper in his hand to pieces.

"Techno..." I tried again, reaching out for the paper in his hand this time until the pinkette brought the paper out to me, his knuckles trembling as he held it.

"Fuckin'- read this..." He was definitely pissed. Something in this letter made his son who always seemed to have a level head on everything, pissed.

The paper was wrinkled in his hand but, I could just barely see the imprinted child services stamp at the top but no other print made me as stiff as that one. I could recognize the stamp from a mile away.

I couldn't lie when I say that my heart was flying out of my chest. Slowly, I reached out, un-wrinkling it, and read...

Jesus...

Dear Phil Watson Minecraft,

This is Thomas's foster agent. I need to urgently discuss something with you involving Thomas and his safety.

First off if you don't remember me from my letter a few weeks ago about his mental disorders, then allow me to introduce myself again here.

I am Miss Puffy. I work with the police department and work as a social worker for the boy, Thomas, since he was applied to foster care when he was 8. I had left Thomas to the services of the orphanage, only checking in on him through letters and phone calls to the place itself in which I was told he was fine which was why I haven't needed to meet you.
From what I've heard through the police investigation, I am in utter shock at what has truly been happening in that horrid place without my and many other social workers' knowledge.

Being part of the investigation, I have been given some important information on the trial dates of his used-to-be father and his now sentencing that has been delayed for years.

Also, I have been informed that Information of Thomas's whereabouts may have been leaked to his father that has lost legal custody of him. It seems a co-worker in the orphanage (Name cannot be disclosed due to legal reasons) who seems to have a history with the man through some sort of friendship, leaked it to first responding reporters, and the information could have gotten to him already or may if he is freed. I feel as though we need to discuss safety precautions as to what you will need to do if the jury does set him free. This case seems to be becoming very big on the news and more and due to this, I beg that we meet somewhere privately to discuss future actions of safety for your family and if you still would like to foster the boy which, I completely understand if you don't due to the current stressful situation that you did not sign up to deal with.

I would also like to come over to check on things with Thomas. It worries me that I didn't notice the horrid mistreatment he's been having and want to check up on him and talk to him as well.