Chapter 23: We'll Decide Together

(This is my messy doodle of Tommy lol T^T)

3 Days Later:

It was the day. The specifically most worrisome day for Tommy. As the day went on, he was practically fidgeting with everything he could touch. The silverware during breakfast, the cushions of the pillow, his own hair, and hands. He just couldn't stay still and pretend like he wasn't nervous to meet Schoatt's brother.

A tightening feeling in his stomach seemed to grow tighter as he watched the time tick to 4 pm. Now he was in his room, Gods he was so nervous.

Well, it wasn't like his anxiety wasn't expected from a mile away by his family when he would. Every small hint whether it be how he intertwines his own fingers together or tightened his grip on one of the pillow cushions and constantly glanced at the clock hanging above the couch, it was clear to them he was really nervous so they stayed with him as the time went by.

Every second of that morning they talked, distracted him from the undeniable fear that was starting to bubble up in him.

Well, until it was finally time to talk to the so-called brother of Schlatt.

Tommy is sat in front of his computer, prepping himself for the conversations, going over the many conversations they may have, that is until Wilbur walked in. Right behind the brunette was Techno who stayed at the door quietly.

A concerned expression was on the yellow sweater-wearing boy's face as was on Techno's. 

"Hey buddy, how are you feeling?" Wilbur said softly.

The blonde turned, fidgeting with his hands a little and trying everything in his power to not start. "M'nervous...really nervous".

Wilbur walked over to the boy, bending down to him, ruffling the kid's hair.

"You shouldn't be nervous bud. Just say hi and if you don't like him you could always leave or just call us," A small laugh came out from the brunette. "But I really think you'll like him. Tubbo is a really sweet kid, so I don't think you have to be nervous about any awkward situations with him. Actually, he's almost as chaotic as you when it comes to Minecraft".

"If you need anything at all, you can call us. We're rooms apart if anything happens alright?"

He shook his head, a smile on his face as he turned to the computer after a ding notification from his discord popped up, faltering to even bring his curser to the Discord app icon on his computer. A feeling of dread and hesitation was starting to fill his heart until Wilbur grasp the boy's hand that was practically shaking now.

Eyes so soft that Tommy felt himself calm down slowly, his heart slowing and his mind calming itself down. A sad smile was on both Wilbur's and Techno's faces. "Sunshine, it's okay if you're not ready. You don't need to rush anything that you're not comfortable with. We're here for you through this".

His other hand was caressing the boy's cheek lightly and patiently like he had all of the time in the world.

"If you want, we could stay here for as long as you need. It doesn't have to be both of us and if you feel like you don't need us to stay with you anymore at any time, we'll leave alright?" The blonde's eyes furrowed, contemplation going through his mind. He hates being pitied but god, Wilbur being there would make this so much easier.

The blonde's blue wavering eyes shyly looked up to Wilbur's brunette's determined ones. "Please?" Tommy hated how small he sounded but he wanted Wil by his side, just for a little while.