Chapter 20: I'm sorry your upset

The door shut roughly. Their door was as broken and sideways as ever, barely being able to stand straight for the brunette to even lock it. In the end, the knob finally stayed stiffened (from Phil on the other side closing it shut) and it was time for the 2 of them to leave.

The breeze outside was freezing. It wasn't even winter yet. It was still August. A gust of cold wind shouldn't even blow past them. It was something that Wilbur focused on as he walked through the sidewalk with his brother silently, trying to ignore the utter awkwardness. No speaking...no looking. It didn't even look like they regarded each other's existence. Wilbur just stayed focused on the houses that had been messed up from the loud storm. The large branches of trees were on top of some of the houses and there were tons of branches the size of dogs all about the sidewalk.

...19 minutes of silence...That's how long it was despite it feeling like hours until they had reached the place they were going. They both didn't even need to tell each other where they were going. It was a place they subconsciously knew they would always end up at.

They made it to a familiar small park, semi-wet from all of the rain but still recognizable from miles away. They walked to the cornered bench to the far side of the fenced-up grass, sitting down quietly and letting themselves bask in the silence yet again.

Wilbur watched the leaves of the trees still standing rustle loudly around. It was weird to come to a park that had a playground that had no people in it at all. It was empty, completely empty. For some reason, Wilbur could still hear the kids of the neighborhood running around the playground, yelling and screeching their ears off playfully like they always did when he passed by to get to school with Techno the first year they had started going to school at Phil's house. He could remember seeing the children smiling happily and being able to finally understand what it was that they could smile about.

He remembered himself doing it. He remembered being able to anyway.

They sat quietly in silence for about 40 minutes. A feeling of dread fell on Wilbur's heart. Maybe he should have changed Phil's mind about going outside. It didn't feel like he could really speak right now. All of the pent-up anger was shoved yet again in his heart, yet again, being locked away somewhere far away so no one could see...

And he was controlling it...until the silence was broken. "I'm sorry".

Techno uttered the forbidden words Wilbur didn't want to hear right now. Wilbur just turned to the pinkette's utterly tired gaze. "I'm sorry that what I did...what I hid from you made you upset".

Oh-ho...he was definitely pushing Wilbur's buttons now. Wilbur was left frozen. Anger seemed to consume his very heart. "I'm sorry If me trying to help Tommy made you upset but-"

The brunette clasped his hands together, finally getting up, water boiling at the tips of his eyelids. "You don't fucking get it Techno!" His voice was so loud, louder than Techno had heard him scream in a while. The pinkette was left wide-eyed.

"You just-" Tears started to burn at his eyelids, threatening to spill if Techno spoke another monotoned word. "I'm not weak, Techno!" He couldn't stop...

"I deserve to be there when you need me to be! I deserve to be able to protect you and Tommy! You both are my brothers just like me and Tommy are your's and we are his!"

How the heck could he stop when he himself felt like the thousands of words he shoved down his heart the day Techno pushed Wilbur away, the day he lied to Wilbur in his face, spill out as if though a dam in his heart finally burst, spilling the millions of ounces of anger and sadness he had in him.