9

Kenma's POV

I stopped in front of the driveway, to see my mother being questioned.

She looked over at me and shook her head.

Somehow I knew that she didn't want me to go for a reason. If the police sees my scars and bruises, then she would be found guilty.

Somehow, I didn't want her to leave...If she leaves, then I will have no one... I needed someone by my side...

I stopped and slowly backed away as Kuroo finally catch up to me. "Kenma.." He mumbled.

I turned to him and smiled. "Can we go?" I asked, trying to keep myself from crying.

Kuroo nodded and grabbed my hand as we both walk back down the street. I bit my lip as I fight the tears that were on edge.

Kuroo put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. "It's okay...Cry if you want, there's no one but me here." He mumbled.

I let a tear fall down my face as I rested my head on his shoulder. "I didn't want to be a-alone..." I whispered, covering my mouth.

"You're not alone, okay? You have me, I'll always be with you." He whispered, stroking my head softly.

A few hours later
Kuroo's POV

I opened my front door and told Kenma to sit down on the sofa." Do you want some food or something?" I asked, looking over at him.

He shook his head and hugged his legs close to his chest. I sighed and sat down beside him.

"Come here." I whispered, pulling him towards me.

He rested his head on my chest and sighed. "Sorry...You should be asleep by now, I'm keeping you up, plus we have school tomorrow." He whispered.

"No, we don't have to go to school tomorrow, I'll stay up until you go to sleep." I smiled, looking up at the table. There was silence for a while before he sighed and swallowed, which was really easy to hear.

"K-Kuroo..?" He whispered, looking up at me.

"Hm?" I hummed, looking back down at him, waiting for him to continue.

"About my mom...." He started as he sat up and looked at me. I lifted my eyebrows and sat up with him. "It isn't what you think...She was just mad a-and..." He looked down at his hands.

"You don't have to tell me..." I sighed, turning back to the TV that remained off. I looked at him from the side of my eye, as he slowly nod his head.

He slowly hugged his legs again as his hands shakenly claw at each other. I frowned and gave my attention to him, fully. "Kenma..." I whispered, grabbing his hands.

He didn't look up at me but faintly gripped my hands, letting me know that he was listening to me. "I'm not going to expect you to open up to me nor will I force you to, but I want you to know that whenever you are ready to do so, I'll be right here, okay?" I mumbled, trying to make eye contact with him.

He didn't answer....

"Kenma...?" I whispered, reaching my hand out to his face. He sniffed quietly but still held in his tears. I sighed and pulled him close to me. "Do you want to go to sleep?" I asked, gently resting my head on his head.

He nodded, making me nod also. "Okay, let's go upstairs to my room." I whispered, standing up from the sofa and getting a good grip on his legs and waist.

He quickly looked up as I picked him up into my arms, bridal style. "It's okay, you're not heavy." I hummed, walking up the stairs and into my room.