𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗰𝘆

Layla could not be anymore pissed at Miguel

Layla could not be anymore pissed at Miguel. She refused to even look at him, and hawk and Aisha didn't know what the hell was going on. Layla stood next to hawk with her hoodie over her head as she waited for sensei to arrive. Today was the all Valley tournament and Layla honestly wasn't even that excited. Her mood was completely crushed when Miguel's words kept playing back in her head. And the way he hit her crush also says a lot.

"Yo, Miguel, calm down man. Save some for the tournament." Hawk called as he was throwing punches to the air. "Hey, don't even bother. He's been super aggro since the breakup."

"Good." Layla mumbled bitterly as she crossed her arms over her chest. Miguel was her best friend, but he really crossed the line. "Where's sensei? The  tournaments gonna start soon." Hawk looked around and sure enough sensei still wasn't here.

"He'll be here." Aisha said. "I don't know about that." Layla turned over to look at Burt. "Why not?" She asked. "I saw him last night at the mini-mall. I was buying a carton of milk, when I heard him in the parking lot, yelling." Burt then explained how he saw sensei piss on his car and yell at how they're all gonna die.

"Why didn't you tell us this earlier?" Aisha asked. "I don't know. I guess I'm just so used to seeing him drunk, it didn't seem like that big of a deal." Layla rolled her eyes.

"Seriously? We can't compete without a sensei. We're doomed." Layla groaned. Just what she needed. "What if something happened to him?"

"Like what?" Burt questions. "I don't know. Like, he drove his car off a cliff, or bought a gun and blew his brains out." Layla glared at hawk. "Ok, graphic much?"

"No. Sensei would never kill himself. That's too pussy a move."

"Whatever, I mean we're here. We're gonna have to do it without him."

"Do what without me?" Layla turned around to see Sensei standing there, looking pretty good in fact. She displayed a small smile before her frown came back. "We didn't think you were going to show up." Hawk says. "I may not always win, but I never back out of a fight."

"Hurray. Let's all sign up then." Layla's voice came out as angry and distant, and Johnny furrowed his brows as to why she was acting like this. "Not yet. There's one more lesson I have to teach you."

They all walked inside and Johnny stood in the middle as he was making his big speech.

"You've all learned to strike first, to be aggressive, not be losers. I taught you to strike hard, put everything ounce of your power behind everything you do. But I haven't taught you the third rule of Cobra Kai. No mercy. The older you get, the more you're gonna learn that life isn't fair. You wake up one morning feeling great, and then life throws a spinning heel kick to your balls, takes a big steaming shit in your mouth. You get an F on a test, you get suspended. You fall in love with a girl, and some other dude comes and steals her away. Car gets set on fire. Just when you think things are going good, everything falls apart. That's how it goes. Life shows no mercy, so neither do we. We do whatever it takes to keep our heads above water. We do whatever it takes to move forward. We do whatever it takes to win! Remember who you are. You're badass! You don't give a shit! You kick ass! You're Cobra Kai!"